Stack
      MP1:
      $4.57
      MP3:
      $5.82
      Hero:
      $2.11

0.02/0.04 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.69 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with K:spade: , K:heart:
      2 folds, MP1 calls $0.04, MP2 folds, MP3 raises to $0.08, CO folds, Hero raises to $0.46, 3 folds, MP3 calls $0.38.

Flop: ($1.02) A:heart: , K:club: , 5:club: (2 players)
      MP3 bets $0.48, Hero raises to $0.96, MP3 calls $0.48.

Turn: ($2.94) A:diamond: (2 players)
      MP3 bets $0.72, Hero calls $0.69 (All-In).

River: ($4.35) A:club: (2 players)

Final Pot: $4.35

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows a full-house, aces full of kings (Ks Kh)
      MP3 shows four of a kind, aces (As Qc)

MP3 wins with four of a kind, aces (As Qc)

By the turn i was convinced he had an A with something else. I was actually glad to see the second A, to give him his trips and me the full house. But the river hit me pretty hard :)

Should i have bet more, earlier ? Any feedback would be appreciated. Thank you:)
  • 1 reply
    • GrantJennings
      GrantJennings
      Bronze
      I like your play here. The preflop 3-bet is on the big side, but for this limit, you might as well extract more value from your monsters, and KK preflop fits the bill. I think the preflop play is just right.

Once you hit your set, I don't think we need to worry about protecting the KK anymore. Now our job is to get him all in, and to make the Flushdraw pay us off as well. At this limit, we can expect the flushdraw to pay any price to see two more cards.

I think you could have reraised all in on the flop, but massaging the pot is fine. The money was going in either way.

Don't let those weird runner runner quads make you question your strategy.

Well played.