This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL5 Flopped quads

• Heffron89
      Heffron89
      Bronze
      Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $0.04 BB (9 handed) - Party-Poker Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

UTG+1 ($1.80)
      MP2 ($5.18)
      Hero (CO) ($5.99)
      BB ($3)
      MP1 ($3.78)
      MP3 ($6.88)
      SB ($6.11)
      Button ($2.45)
      UTG ($6.42)

Preflop: Hero is CO with 6, 6
      2 folds, MP1 calls $0.04, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.04, 2 folds, BB checks

Flop: ($0.14) 6, 6, 4 (3 players)
      BB checks, MP1 checks, Hero checks

Turn: ($0.14) A (3 players)
      BB bets $0.04, MP1 calls $0.04, Hero raises $0.12, BB calls $0.08, 1 fold

River: ($0.42) K (2 players)
      BB bets $0.04, Hero raises $0.24, BB calls $0.20

Total pot: $0.90

hmmm did i get out most value?
  • 3 replies
    • ichmagmich
      ichmagmich
      Bronze
      hey heff,

besides i always raise my pairs cause of getting money in the pot and being able to contibet, i would say that you can go greedy in such a small pot and bet the flop also you can get zero money out of your quads. but what do u get out when u play it slowly for me slowpalying just works when there is a pot u play for in small pots you need to make a pot yourself. but your play was better at last i guess, cause we can safely asume when we bet flop turn river we wont get donkbetted.
      would have played maybe 1/2 potsize-1/2 potsize-3/4 potsize bets at the three straights.
      but when you slowplay it raise a bit more like than at the turn. the rver reraise is nice.
    • Heffron89
      Heffron89
      Bronze
      Thanks for good reply :) I just cant stop slowplay when I flop like this because I allways get mad at myself when peopel fold flop here :)
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Raise it up preflop against bad players in position.

As played postflop at small stakes against midstacked unknowns the times you win a big pot in those spots will usually trump the profits you make by getting fancy and slowplaying, so i'd just bet the flop and likely bet/raise every single streets after that until nobody wants to give me money anymore.

Hope it helps.