555 Stud HI against paired board Aces

• mChavez
      mChavez
      Bronze
      Hi all! Was it correct to call down and then raise river with FH?

Cheers!

7 Card Stud High ($1/$2), Ante $0.20, Bring-In $0.25 (converter)

3rd Street - (1.60 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx 4:diamond: ___brings-in___folds
      Seat 2: xx xx A:spade: ___completes
      Seat 3: xx xx K:heart: ___folds
      Seat 4: xx xx Q:club: ___folds
      Seat 5: xx xx 9:club: ___calls
      Seat 6: xx xx 6:diamond: ___folds
      Seat 7: xx xx 7:spade: ___folds
      Hero: 5:heart: 5:diamond: 5:spade: ___calls

4th Street - (4.85 SB)

Seat 2: xx xx A:spade: A:diamond: ___bets
      Seat 5: xx xx 9:club: 2:diamond: ___folds
      Hero: 5:heart: 5:diamond: 5:spade: 8:diamond: ___calls

5th Street - (3.43 BB)

Seat 2: xx xx A:spade: A:diamond: 7:diamond: ___bets
      Hero: 5:heart: 5:diamond: 5:spade: 8:diamond: K:diamond: ___calls

6th Street - (5.43 BB)

Seat 2: xx xx A:spade: A:diamond: 7:diamond: T:heart: ___bets
      Hero: 5:heart: 5:diamond: 5:spade: 8:diamond: K:diamond: 3:club: ___calls

River - (7.43 BB)

Seat 2: xx xx A:spade: A:diamond: 7:diamond: T:heart: xx___bets___raises
      Hero: 5:heart: 5:diamond: 5:spade: 8:diamond: K:diamond: 3:club: K:spade: ___raises___calls

Total pot: (13.43 BB - $26.85)
  • 5 replies
    • KidPokersKid
      KidPokersKid
      Global
      I am not a stud hi expert but I do like the way you played it though if you had 3bet on 3rd it would make your hand too obvious and at 1/2 I am sure that there are some capable players so I like the smooth call.. if you have reads you could bet again on the river because your board is a strange one 5:spade: 8:diamond: K:diamond: 3:club: if he has Aces up or trips he could raise because he must think you have 2pair or trips also... which would allow you to get one more BB of value.
    • One12ver
      One12ver
      Bronze
      Wow, hard hand to play. When seat 2 caught the AA on 4th I would also go by reads on the player from other hands or try a raise and see if he plays back. Personaly I may have folded on 5th and saved my pennies for a better hand( 3 of kind is good though!), but that would depend on the other player and wether he´s good, bad or just lucky at this table.
    • mChavez
      mChavez
      Bronze
      I had no reads at all (was just having a shot on $1/2) and actually I lost to a higher fullhouse. My logic was that i'll call down, but when I got a fullhouse i decided to raise. On 4th I was 7to3 favourite against a pair and 7-3 dog against trips I think.

I quitw like the idea of a raise on 5th but having no reads sucks.

PS I'm not officially moving to 1/2 with my $630 BR and hopefully i'll stay there unless i hit another $100 swing=(((
    • One12ver
      One12ver
      Bronze
      Ya I thought this was a hand where you were beat. I know the feeling. At least he probally had something on 3rd/4th. I really hate it when people have shit and catch on 7th. I found that my best hands where usually made by 5th, so now when I think I am beat I probally will not go past 5th without a stronger hand then what I think my opponent has. Keep playing and eventualy you will get the feel for the game.

Do you have a Poker Stars account? If you do, a great way to learn stud hi(or razz) is though the free rolls they have there 3/4 times a day. Cassini´s stud or Keplers razz are great ways to get more experiance with the game and costs nothing. Saturday at 18:02(razz) and 23:22(stud hi), I will be playing in the 2 so may be we will see you there.
    • mChavez
      mChavez
      Bronze
      I don't have a stars account yet, but I'm thinking of gettign one. THanks for the advice!