UTG raises to $1, Hero raises to $3, fold, fold, fold, UTG calls $2

FLOP ($6.35) 8:spade: J:spade: A:diamond:

UTG checks, Hero bets $4, UTG calls $4

TURN ($14.35) 8:spade: J:spade: A:diamond: T:spade:

UTG checks, Hero bets $8, UTG calls $8

RIVER ($30.35) 8:spade: J:spade: A:diamond: T:spade: 6:diamond:

UTG bets $10 (AI), Hero folds

UTG wins $28.90

opponent is 16/13 after 50 hands. was betting for a free showdown, but can i really fold river?
  • 5 replies
    • radyan111
      radyan111
      Bronze
      No you can't.
      If you don't want to play for stacks here you might check behind turn IMO taking advantage of your position. You aren't scared of another spade and can call his river bet on like every river card I guess.
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      What TPTK in a 3betpot with SPR 6 o_O

I am even thinking about shoving Turn since he has committed himself to the pot by investing 33% of his stack approx.

I don't like check behind and raise River since it will not give (guarantee) u the most value out of all 3 streets
    • radyan111
      radyan111
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Gerv
      I am even thinking about shoving Turn since he has committed himself to the pot by investing 33% of his stack approx.

I don't like check behind and raise River since it will not give (guarantee) u the most value out of all 3 streets
      I would also stack off here.
      I only suggested that check behind turn, call river line is better than bet turn fold river if he doesn't want to stack off (which is still not optimal IMO).
    • kingdippy2008
      kingdippy2008
      Bronze
      well as played on river i get 4-1, but i dont see myself ahead enough times so that i can call. I dont see him donkbetting worse on the river, or calling worse preflop and i dont think he can ever bluff in that situation. I think the best i could ever hope for is a split with another AQ.

I can check behind river and hope he bluffs or maybe a free showdown depending on the card :/
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

I'd start by not 3betting AQo MPvsUTG over a 16/13 but that's your choice.

As played it doesn't look too good on the river, but really with TP2K having to be good 20% of the time i don't think you can fold, you'd be amazed at what people randomly show up with even in the weirdest spots.

Shoving the turn is another possibility but i don't really like it, there's a good chance that player will get rid of everything except AQ and hands that beat you. We realistically beat no Ax hands unless he's noticeably looser than his stats show until now.

Hope it helps.