This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL25 FR, JJ Oop

• jenoc
      jenoc
      Bronze
      Villain is 12/9 AF=2.7 WtSD=17% foldtocbet=62% on 667 hands

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.25(BB) Replayer
      SB ($5.10)
      BB ($25)
      UTG ($25)
      Hero ($25)
      UTG+2 ($32.54)
      CO ($51.83)
      BTN ($35.03)

Dealt to Hero J:club: J:diamond:

fold, Hero raises to $1, fold, CO calls $1, fold, fold, fold

FLOP ($2.35) K:heart: 2:heart: 8:club:

Hero bets $1.70, CO calls $1.70

TURN ($5.75) K:heart: 2:heart: 8:club: K:diamond:

Hero checks, CO bets $3.75, Hero folds

A solid player with low wtsd calls cbet on K high dry- this means something strong. However- I don't think he will have some suited connectors very often but he can't always have set + he won't always trust me that K and call cbet with some PP and if I check this turn he almost always will bet. After that being said- would it be ok to bet/fold turn? Such situations leave me with- "sir, you got pwnt" feeling..
  • 2 replies
    • radyan111
      radyan111
      Bronze
      I would bet on the turn. The other option is check/call to induce a bluffbet from him, but I'm certainly not giving up my jacks at that point.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

62% fold to c-bet is low enough for him to be floating those kinds of common c-betting spots in position imo if he's a solid reg, so i don't mind sticking around for another street.

Only question is whether you can get him to float again on that K turn, in which case bet/fold is likely better, or if he'll give up in spite of the fact that it's a bad card to barrel, in which case giving him a chance to stab himself would be best. Maybe looking at his fold to turn bet / turn AFq would help you to decide which is best. I think most people at nl25 aren't on a level where they can call again that turn with a float or a pocket pair no matter how bad a barrel card it is, so i'd probably end up check/calling a bet from a relatively aggressive solid reg.

Be careful with the WTSD stat. It being low doesn't necessarily means his range is tight for floating that c-bet. More that his play is aggressive enough to not see a showdown very often, like floating to bet 100% of the turn cards.

Hope it helps.