Cash game success starts here...

• richard1817
      richard1817
      Bronze
      Ok so my names Richard and I am from England and I am a 19 year old student studying accounts and finance. I have had success before on poker when I first joined this site when I made $600 on fulltilt on my play2winbaby account, however I was a sng player at the time.

Swings and tilt made me decide to take it off and take a break from poker.

But now I am back and in it for the long haul. I want to jump through the NLHE limits using the SSS. I started yesterday night and have played 10k hands. It's took me awhile to adjust but I think I am grasping the strategy now.

The transition has been hard and my stats are not impressive

(a few of my early hands are missed out around 1-2k and I made about $10 profit)

The good thing about cash is I can just grind it out I don't tilt at all which was a big factor when playing sngs. Volume is not a problem I play between 16-20 tables. Just need to identify more leaks. However I have found playing at night alot more profitable than the day. for example today I was just breaking even all day. Had a break and came back at night and was gettin ridiculous calls ...:D good calls.... left right and centre.

targets:

-Progress to nl25 within the next couple of days
      -read more articles
      -attend the next SSS coaching and watch more vidoes
      -post a couple of hands at the end of each session

-play about 7-10k hands tomorrow

overall poker goals:

-overall dream is to be playing the highest stakes
      -but realistically I am just playing it instead of a part time job and hope to earn a little to keep my head above water.

Starting bankroll: $50
      Current bankroll: $87
  • 17 replies
    • racenutalways
      racenutalways
      Bronze
      Big leak, multi-tabling 16 tables. how you gonna make good decisions if you're not paying attention to your opponents. Your opponents are observing you, notice you are a multi-tabler and put you to a lot of tough decisions. I played 16-24 tables and either lost, or broke even. Just paying blinds and flopping air, was pissing away a lot of money. Multi-tablers become mechanical. Start weening yourself down to 4 tables, concentrate on knowing your opponents and outplaying them to maximize your winnings.
      Multi-tablers care about points more then money for some reason. Trying to squeeze out every dime as fast as they can. Don't let that be you. I like the hand range, the tighter the better, big stacks will gamble with you with hands like JJ+ and AQ+. The bad players will call you any ace, any pair and KQ+. To ensure good winrate is to play tight. Do not become a SSS who raises from UTG with AK,AQ, miss the flop and bet the rest of your stack off hoping not to get callers or catch lucky.
      Blind stealing as a short stacker also becomes more difficult, tight big stacks will shove to you more often, so, steal with the right hands.
    • timukasr
      timukasr
      Bronze
      Ppl are different racenutalways. I have a friend who gets timed out on 1 table but there are also ppl like boku, who can play 50 tables at the same time profitably. I get more tilted the less tables I play, cause action is so slow and to keep the games interesting I start to play more hands and make bad moves.
    • richard1817
      richard1817
      Bronze
      Played another 5k hands today and made $3 woo lol. This is really a grind and feel Iv nt really had any good fortune just been very disciplined and I guess after 15k hands I am bound to profit. Although I am building up quite alot of fpps and hope to try and reach gold/plat by the end of this month as I move up the limits.

well am off to get something to eat and watch some tele and rest for abit. I'll try another 5k tonight.

Bankroll: $90.90

-new target reach gold on pokerstars
    • richard1817
      richard1817
      Bronze
      Originally posted by racenutalways
      Big leak, multi-tabling 16 tables. how you gonna make good decisions if you're not paying attention to your opponents. Your opponents are observing you, notice you are a multi-tabler and put you to a lot of tough decisions. I played 16-24 tables and either lost, or broke even. Just paying blinds and flopping air, was pissing away a lot of money. Multi-tablers become mechanical. Start weening yourself down to 4 tables, concentrate on knowing your opponents and outplaying them to maximize your winnings.
      Multi-tablers care about points more then money for some reason. Trying to squeeze out every dime as fast as they can. Don't let that be you. I like the hand range, the tighter the better, big stacks will gamble with you with hands like JJ+ and AQ+. The bad players will call you any ace, any pair and KQ+. To ensure good winrate is to play tight. Do not become a SSS who raises from UTG with AK,AQ, miss the flop and bet the rest of your stack off hoping not to get callers or catch lucky.
      Blind stealing as a short stacker also becomes more difficult, tight big stacks will shove to you more often, so, steal with the right hands.
      fair point... but SSS is so simple I feel the need to open more tables. I think my decision making is only hampered a little but the shear volume I play enables me to profit more.
    • richard1817
      richard1817
      Bronze
      Just finished a recovery session after my downswing which really sucked. Really was running bad but I also think pratising 24 tables hampered me a little. Lately I have downloaded a cool little program called tble ninja which helps me multitable SSS really easily over alot of tables.

below are yesterdays session where I had my downswing. The recent results are what I produced this morning. Defenetly more efficeint with 24 tbles so I think my BB/100 increased because of that.

new note to self ino my sample size is only 3days but all my winning sessions have been at night/early morning. Could this be the fishy casuals? because in the day I only BE or make a loss. However I do stil notice the same shitty profitable calls from donks. hmmm anyway just an observation.

I am however going to only play at night now for abit as I want to hit the gym a little bit more before I start uni.... so many pretty ladies need impressing ;)

Current Bankroll: $81
      vpps: 690 (2/3days till silverstar)
    • Jdz
      Jdz
      Bronze
      Originally posted by richard1817

new note to self ino my sample size is only 3days but all my winning sessions have been at night/early morning. Could this be the fishy casuals? because in the day I only BE or make a loss. However I do stil notice the same shitty profitable calls from donks. hmmm anyway just an observation.

I find it easier to play at night since there are no distractions.

Good luck, will follow your blog.
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze

I want to hit the gym a little bit more before I start uni.... so many pretty ladies need impressing ;)
      wow, never thought of it that way until now. I do exercise for my bad back and need motivation for that.

btw, it seems to me that you speak spanish?
    • HannesNL
      HannesNL
      Bronze
      playing 16 tables, when you can is great. SSS is mostly easy-decision making and it is great for rakeback.
    • RavForenzo
      RavForenzo
      Bronze
      that's an awful lot of hands for not an awful lot of return. Doesn't this worry you? It would me!
    • richard1817
      richard1817
      Bronze

Last night I reached $100 on nl10 and decided this morning to aggress nl25 (ino I should have waited till $150 reason why ina sec). It worked out and I am on $130. I am going to keep playing nl25 now I think unless my bankroll drops below $60 as the strategy says.

Reasons for attacking nl 25. Well I was looking at the ps bonuses and realised they are offering $200 for 12500 fpp. I could really do with this cash injection but the rake at nl10 is far too slow I can only manage 300fpp at a push and my eyes are almost bleeding. played nl25 for an hour only 20 tabs cus thats all I had to buy in at the tym and managed 100 fpp in an hour.

Too get get 12500 fpp I need to average 450-500 vpp per day between now and the end of this month.... abit of a challenge lol but ill try my best. If I do pull this off I will be platinumstar making next month very profitable on rakeback for me.

that's an awful lot of hands for not an awful lot of return. Doesn't this worry you? It would me!

yer my profit suxs... I dont think theres too many holes in my game I do post hands on the SSS forum tho always trying to improve. Atm am not too bothered about profit now with my volume I reckon I can get an ok return on rakeback. Hopefully when I reach nl50 I should easily reach supernova next year... and the rakeback is pretty sweet :)

O btw reason why my cash game profit doesn't add up with my banroll is because I bashed some $1/$3 turbos to try am improve my bankroll for nl25.

sngs are my strong point easy but like I said at the beginning of this thread I wana learn cash games I reckon thats wher the money is in the long run.

current bankroll- $131
      -new goal reach plat star and get 12500 fpp
    • Tampaloeres81
      Tampaloeres81
      Bronze
      Hi,

That's an awfull lot of hands you play each day! I also play SSS NL25 but most of my sessions are between 1K and 1.5K hands 4-14 tabling. After that I am pretty much done for :D

Anyway good luck :s_biggrin:

Greetz,

Tampa
    • richard1817
      richard1817
      Bronze
      Just a quick update played another nl25 session and lost about $13 after 1k hands. That aside my fpp is now 1354.

1200 x 1= 1200 -silverstar

3000-1200= 1800 x 1.5= 2700 -goldstar

7500- 3000= 4500 x 2 ---9000 plat

1200 + 2700 + 9000= 12900 fpp -----7500 vpp required

current vpp 1300

7500 - 1300= 6200/14 days left this month = 443vpp required per day to reach this.

hmmmm lol not entirely sure but I think I average 100vpp per hour at nl25 so about 5/6 hours to be prudent of poker. effort.com but ill try this little challenge if possible if not ill do it easy next month problem is the $200 bonus might not be there as it only says its there for september. Hopefully my bankroll will improve as well so i can open more tables because if I start a session badly at nl25 I normally dont have any bankroll left to keep buyin in. So I have to leave when I drop below $3.75(15bb, normally I have auto rebuy on that brings me back up to 20bb) or else its not profitable..is it?

peace out

current br- $117
    • Cpwpoker
      Cpwpoker
      Silver
      Yo!

nice to see that you are somewhat successful with SSS.

As a fellow 16 multitables here is some tips :

Don't play more than 2k hand at a time after 2k hand your poker sense become dull and a 1h-2h pause is necessary for you to regain your A+ level.

If you play when you work up eat something sweet 30 min before playing.

Because the only source of food for the brain is glucose and during the night as you sleep and don't eat or get glucose in the morning your brain will be dull if not well feed xD

SSS has a lot of variance so try to to increase the BR.

The 30 BR was for single table you should try to be more strict the more table you play because during a downswing you will be hurt 16 times more xD

Even if SSS is an easy tactic to master the variance is too much that cause me who has a weak heart (jk) in a mess xD so i can't play sss but it will be nice to follow your progression as we are playing same number of tables :D
    • richard1817
      richard1817
      Bronze
      yer I try to keep my mind in good shape before a session. Do you use any scripts? I started using table ninja and I went from struggling with 16 tables to been competent with 24 tables.

Just finished another session of about 2k hands swung all over the place to finish with a banlroll of $124. But profit is not my main goal atm. Might have another session update prolly tomz.

current vpp: 1500
      fpps: 1682
      bankroll: $124
    • Cpwpoker
      Cpwpoker
      Silver
      yer I try to keep my mind in good shape before a session. Do you use any scripts? I started using table ninja and I went from struggling with 16 tables to been competent with 24 tables.

Just finished another session of about 2k hands swung all over the place to finish with a banlroll of $124. But profit is not my main goal atm. Might have another session update prolly tomz.

current vpp: 1500
      fpps: 1682
      bankroll: $124
      I don't need any scripts xD

Full tilt software is multi-table friendly.
    • richard1817
      richard1817
      Bronze
      Well I have been hitting the nl25 tables hard and probably played 5-6k hands. Havnt ran the hands through PT yet but am sure I made quite a big loss. My bankroll fell down to $85 after previously reaching $140. Well anyway tonight a couple of my m8s went ina $4 180 mtt so I thort I join them for abit of fun (bad br, but a little expense that I don't regulary do). Ended up coming 2nd for $144. Heads up sucked I ran my A10 in2 AK on a A high board.

so fortunately my br is now $228 and I can really aggress nl25 with 24 tables and ability to rebuy without running out of cash. Platinumstar seems far away and a grind but I feel I have more of a drive after this mtt success :) .

Current bankroll: $228
      Current vpp: 2244
      Current fpp: 2770
    • RavForenzo
      RavForenzo
      Bronze
      I was doing a similar thing for the $200 instant cash bonus, fortunately i've just been able to move upto NL50 so it's gonna take considerably less hands now. But I feel at NL25, you have to accumulate a hell of a lot of hands, so don't lose site of what you are trying to achieve in the long term for a quick $200 boost, because you can just easily lose this as you can obtain it.

good luck though, lets see who makes the $200 instant by the end of the month :D