This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Waiting for straight of flush???

• Sinnology
      Sinnology
      Global
      Hello friends!
      Here I am again after played several thousands of hands, and guess came to the point where I feel that everything is against me.
      I wont go into details of all of my bad beats,but I have a question.
      What to do when waiting for straight or flush?
      Today I found myself in a situation where I had flush draw with A in my hand and other card of same suite, or waiting 1 for a straight, but unfortunatlley they never showed :( .
      Should I play those hands oponents rised for 1/3 of bet or 1/5 of pretty large sum?
      At moment of writing I am in the state where I feel like the best thing in that situation is to fold,even if you have to call small raise, but since I am greenhorn here I want to hear what is your opinion about it, and how you react in similar situatons?

Regards
  • 5 replies
    • HorstFeratuPQ
      HorstFeratuPQ
      Bronze
      read the articles regarding pot odds and implied pot odds, thats exactly what you need!

http://www.pokerstrategy.com/strategy/no-limit/993/
    • Sinnology
      Sinnology
      Global
      REad it allready, 3 times I believe.
      I am not interasting into theory here, I need practical answers.

THx anyway :s_biggrin:
    • EdgarAronov
      EdgarAronov
      Bronze
      what do i do. i play flush/straight draws only when i can get it cheap and definetly when i have the best position. best position becouse i can make more profit when i do get the flush/straight (slowplay) and when i don't get it, there is a possibility to bluff your way out, when your opponent checks the river.
    • michaelqian
      michaelqian
      Bronze
      REad it allready, 3 times I believe. I am not interasting into theory here, I need practical answers.

You need the theory to start with, otherwise you'll never do well in practice.

You also said "waiting" for straight or flushes, I think that if you know what you are doing, then you shouldn't be "waiting" for them.
    • radyan111
      radyan111
      Bronze
      Post hands in the forum - a professional judge will tell you what to do in a given situation. There's no simple answer that covers all of them - did you raise preflop, did you call a raise, did anyone raise, what's your position, who's your opponent, what's the board, what are you holding...