Waiting for straight of flush???

• Sinnology
      Sinnology
      Global
      Hello friends!
      Here I am again after played several thousands of hands, and guess came to the point where I feel that everything is against me.
      I wont go into details of all of my bad beats,but I have a question.
      What to do when waiting for straight or flush?
      Today I found myself in a situation where I had flush draw with A in my hand and other card of same suite, or waiting 1 for a straight, but unfortunatlley they never showed :( .
      Should I play those hands oponents rised for 1/3 of bet or 1/5 of pretty large sum?
      At moment of writing I am in the state where I feel like the best thing in that situation is to fold,even if you have to call small raise, but since I am greenhorn here I want to hear what is your opinion about it, and how you react in similar situatons?

Regards
  • 5 replies
    • HorstFeratuPQ
      HorstFeratuPQ
      Bronze
      read the articles regarding pot odds and implied pot odds, thats exactly what you need!

http://www.pokerstrategy.com/strategy/no-limit/993/
    • Sinnology
      Sinnology
      Global
      REad it allready, 3 times I believe.
      I am not interasting into theory here, I need practical answers.

THx anyway :s_biggrin:
    • EdgarAronov
      EdgarAronov
      Bronze
      what do i do. i play flush/straight draws only when i can get it cheap and definetly when i have the best position. best position becouse i can make more profit when i do get the flush/straight (slowplay) and when i don't get it, there is a possibility to bluff your way out, when your opponent checks the river.
    • michaelqian
      michaelqian
      Bronze
      REad it allready, 3 times I believe. I am not interasting into theory here, I need practical answers.

You need the theory to start with, otherwise you'll never do well in practice.

You also said "waiting" for straight or flushes, I think that if you know what you are doing, then you shouldn't be "waiting" for them.
    • radyan111
      radyan111
      Bronze
      Post hands in the forum - a professional judge will tell you what to do in a given situation. There's no simple answer that covers all of them - did you raise preflop, did you call a raise, did anyone raise, what's your position, who's your opponent, what's the board, what are you holding...