This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] AK con bet

• richard1817
      richard1817
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $2.90
      Hero:
      $1.85
      MP3:
      $4.75

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.69 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is UTG1 with A:diamond: , K:heart:
      Hero raises to $0.40, 3 folds, MP3 calls $0.40, 2 folds, SB calls $0.35, BB folds.

Flop: ($1.30) 7:heart: , 7:spade: , 6:club: (3 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $1.45 (All-In), 2 folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $1.30

is it ok to simply push on these type of boards... playing AK and AQ is probably my biggest leak. once iv conbet i am calling and reraised because I am almost always commited. Could you give me some examples of flops I should c/f AK/AQ. Also alot of the time I find funny enough I am ahead with ace high when they ppush back. Does this make it Ev= to always con bet and call reraises on dry boards because you still always have 6 outs and possibilty of been ahead.
  • 3 replies
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      Hey richard1817,

according to the strategy one should only continue in multiway pots with a made hand which you don't have, so check/fold unless you hit a K or an A would be correct.

However, considering villains have very wide cold calling range preflop then pushing flop becomes a nice hand, but I think that's a bit too advanced for NL10.

To your question, I think not c-betting on lower limits against only one opponent is a leak unless you have some reads/decent stats to rely on no matter what the board is. On the other hand, giving up against more than one opponent is usually the optimal way.

Regards,
      burek2000
    • richard1817
      richard1817
      Bronze
      If I am in position heads up shoud I con bet?
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      Originally posted by richard1817
      If I am in position heads up shoud I con bet?
      Yes, I always did up to NL100+.