How to deal with this?

• michaelqian
      michaelqian
      Bronze
      Hi all

Recently on FTP I've been making very little progress on NL2, just wondering if this is normal?

Down about 2BI, I know it's really nothing. But I always get no action when I have a big hand, preflop or postflop. I lose money little by little with marginal hands I can't continue with, it seems like all the players on FTP suddenly became a hell of a lot tighter.

So pretty much poker is being pretty dead for the past 2 weeks, not winning and although not losing much, doesn't feel too good.

Normal? Any advice for this?

Thanks
  • 4 replies
    • Cpwpoker
      Cpwpoker
      Bronze
      bah on FTP the player are tight passive most of them.

If you are playing BSS.

Never call if you are the 1st one to enter the pot.Raise or fold.

Then on flop re-raise if they don't hit anything they will fold.

Very often when i raise with nothing from early position i get the blind lol.

Edited

Not losing mean winning with the rake :D !
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      Look at your hands after a session, are you playing according to the strategy taught here? Were those 2BI's lost by bad beats or bad play? If bad beats, then don't worry too much about it and continue playing. If you tilt after a bad beat, that's another thing altogether.

What kind of stats do you have over x hands? Whats your usual image at the table? Tight, bluffer, TAG, etc?

Against what type of player are you losing the most? maniac, rock, station, etc?

What type of hand "makes" you lose the most? AK, AT, J9s, 67s, etc ? You mention folding marginal hands, why do you play marginal in the first place? Do you know how to float? In what position do you play your marginal hands?

Do you lose a lot oop(out of position)?

How many tables do you play?

With all this info and even more, I'm sure many ppl could offer advice.
    • michaelqian
      michaelqian
      Bronze
      Thanks for the replies.

1. Stats over 32,000 is 11.54/4.63/2.67. So usually a tight image.

2. I tend to steal and bluff a bit more as I get more experience, might not be a good thing on NL2 though. I always try to steal blinds, i.e. near/on the button and no before me, or on the SB.

3. Play 5 tables at once.

4. Marginal hands for example KT on the button, raise, hits a K on the flop but in a 3 way situation, gets a bit difficult to play.
    • Fongie
      Fongie
      Bronze
      Raise more limp less. Your stats are way too passive, even for FR