moving to Pokerstars in one week

• Jeero
      Jeero
      Bronze
      Hi,

I am planning to move my BR to Pokerstars in one week to take advantage of the 100% $600 offer. I got the impression that it's best to split it into three deposits to clear it. So, I would sign up for an account, deposit $200, clear it, deposit another $200 clear it, and repeat for a third time? How does this seemingly unnecessary procedure make it easier to clear the bonus than to just simply deposit+ the full $600 right off the bat? How does the bonus work? For example, in Party Poker you just need to get a certain number of party points, and for each limit there is an amount of party points per 100 hands.

Also, what is the difference between VPP's and FPP's?

I'm going to try to clear the bonus on PLO10,... does anybody have an idea of how many hands that would take on that limit?
  • 8 replies
    • xponentx
      xponentx
      Bronze
      I can only answer 1 of your questions, that being the difference between VPPs and FPPs.

Basically, VPPs are gained at a static rate, and the number of VPPs you earn determines your VIP level (Bronze - Supernova Elite).

FPPs are points earned that can be redeemed in the VIP store. The number of FPPs you earn depends on your VIP level. At Bronze, you earn I think 1 FPP for every 1 VPP you earn. At Supernova Elite you earn 4 FPPs for every 1 VPP you earn. Your FPPs can be spent, your VPPs cannot.
    • deVall3y
      deVall3y
      Bronze
      As far as I know the 3 way split was only on the $300 reload bonus.
      you only get the first deposit $600 bonus on one deposit
    • Joronamo
      Joronamo
      Bronze
      It makes a huge difference to split the $600 into 3 incremtents for a few reasons. Firstly, If you go the whole $600 in one go, you only have X amount of time to clear such a large amount. Where as with the increments, you have the same X amount of time to clear a smaller amount each $200. Secondly, its a lot less VPPs to accumulate to clear $200 than to clear $600 so you would have to be a pretty novice to deposit $600 in one go IMO.
    • wowadvisor
      wowadvisor
      Bronze
      i have just moved to pokerstars today and i could deposit the 600$ in 3 seperate deposits but i deposited it all in one go as the VPP required are pretty easy to get for me as a SSS player.

also, if you go for the 3 installments option, you still have to deposit within a certain timeframe and so it basically works out the same way.

thats what i understood from it anyway :s_cool:

good luck!

(btw: i just set up my HEM for ps and i really have to get used to the ps interface! :o no box that says: sit out at next big blind!!!!!) :f_mad:
    • CoreySteel
      CoreySteel
      Bronze
      Of course there is a box like that.
      It's either "auto post blind" or "sit out next blind". Depends on what type of tables are you joining.
    • wowadvisor
      wowadvisor
      Bronze
      yea but the auto post blind.. when the table comes to me i have to tell them to sit out or pay blind.. its kinda confusing when u play like 12+ tables and some tables ur waiting to enter and some ur waiting to leave
    • CoreySteel
      CoreySteel
      Bronze
      Just press the button "auto post blind" and you will not be asked again...
      I really don't see a problem.
    • Hahaownedlolz
      Hahaownedlolz
      Bronze
      at super nova elite its 5 FPP per 1 vpp. At bronze its 1FPP per 1 VPP. and when your clearing your bonus the bonus FPP you might get cause of higher rank don't count, only the base.

this link should explain it all : http://www.pokerstars.com/vip/tiers/

and yeah just check the auto-post blind box no point in having it unchecked xD

The rakeback on pokerstars is horrible unless your a supernova elite to be honest.