[NL2-NL10] Nl 10 - Qq

• feedfest
      feedfest
      Bronze
      Just sat down at this table. No info on anyway. I guess I just didn't want to go broke with QQ against unknown
      When is it right to fold here? Or should you go broke every time considering the strength?

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Known players:
      UTG1:
      $4.15
      UTG2:
      $7.39
      MP1:
      $5.15
      MP2:
      $3.87
      MP3:
      $2.30
      CO(Hero):
      $10.49
      BU:
      $12.93
      SB:
      $10.00
      BB:
      $3.35

Preflop: Hero is CO with Q, Q.
      UTG1 folds, UTG2 raises to $0.40, 3 folds, Hero raises to $1.25, 2 folds, UTG2 raises to $6.99, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $8.79.
  • 3 replies
    • michaelqian
      michaelqian
      Bronze
      Hmmm....

Hard one to say, depends on each individual, if you think folding here is the right thing to do, the by all means fold.

Some would happily shove QQ preflop at microlimits, me personally I would not shove QQ with a full stack.

I find that most of the time you will run into KK, AA, even with AK you will win only 5-6 out of 10 times, although some will shove JJ as well so you would hope to see JJ instead.

Again really depends on personal preference.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I´d go broke, he could shove there worse hands
      I would not fold there
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      - utg 2bet means strength
      - utg 4bet means tons of strength
      - If he's tight I think he's ahead, BUT theres so much dead money in the pot that you might have to call. Check Equilator!
      - His shove looks kind of weak: Why doesnt he raise smaller? Is he afraid of his AK missing the flop? A fish prob shoves KK+ here, but not a thinking player looking for a call.
      - If hes kind of loose/fishy then I would prob call. Specially if hes very aggressive.

Observing the players beforehand, and the hands they showdown can give you lots of info that will help later on when you are in this spot.