This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL10 TT reraise

• oedipa
      oedipa
      Bronze
      I know it's pretty standard, but I would like to hear your opinion :)
      According to the ratio chart, I go all in, as my remaining stack is 3,625:1
      But when I put my opponent on a basic reraise range I don't get enough equity(I have 35 and I need 41), what is a similar case with AQ - I need to have remaining stack near 3:1
      So, is it better to play according to the ratio against unknown or consider him as tight ranged and only reraise AK, JJ+

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $1,85
      BU:
      $8,80

0,05/0,1 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.69 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with T:spade: , T:club:
      3 folds, Hero raises to $0,40, CO folds, BU raises to $1,00, 2 folds, Hero raises to $1,85 (All-In), BU calls $0,85.

Flop: ($3,85) 9:heart: , 9:diamond: , 2:spade:
      Turn: ($3,85) A:club:
      River: ($3,85) 5:diamond: (1 players)

Final Pot: $3,85
  • 1 reply
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      Hey oedipa,

against unknowns I think both options are ok, I would just stick to the basic strategy which tells to go all-in with TT+/AK when there's a raise behind to keep things simple. TT maybe really doesn't have equity against JJ+/AK, but you will lose value when villains 3-bet you looser than that, so I think the strategy developers made quite good estimation of the most +EV play against unknowns when they came up with the ranges.

Regards,
      burek2000