Silver
      strategy articles are here:

http://www.pokerstrategy.com/strategy/no-limit/

:D
    • kingdippy2008
      kingdippy2008
      Bronze
      Originally posted by blueforce
      Can you give me a link to the starting hand chart and similar charts to this one?
      Hello blueforce,

You were not specific about which starting hand chart you are on about. All starting hand charts can be found in the Strategy Articles.

Best Regards,

-Jack
    • blueforce
      blueforce
      Bronze
      Yes. But I want to download it as a picutre in order to use it easier while I am playing
    • kingdippy2008
      kingdippy2008
      Bronze
      Hello blueforce,

All strategy articles can be printed by using the yellow button at the top left of the strategy article.

SSS chart : http://resources.pokerstrategy.com/Strategy/en/ps_nl_basic_handout_V3_en.pdf

Fixed Limit starting hands chart: http://www.pokerstrategy.com/download/content/shc_fl_en.pdf

Best Regards,

-Jack
    • roxrocking
      roxrocking
      Bronze
      Hello!

when I used the hand evaluator, 22 as a starting hand won 52% games against AK, so how come is AK played in every position while 22 is not even in the starting hands chart

so, am I missing something?
    • kingdippy2008
      kingdippy2008
      Bronze
      Hello roxrocking,

What you are doing is comparing hands against each other. What you should actually do is compare them vs random hands. AK has a lot more "equity" vs a random hand then 22 does. This is why its ranked higher ;)

AK is actually ranked the 4th best hand in Hold'em or something. Anyway have faith in the articles, although its good that your developing your own knowledge and testing the theories.

Best Regards,

-Jack
    • roxrocking
      roxrocking
      Bronze
      thanks, guess now i also know how to use the evaluator better :)

tough, feels kinda weird, if 22 is better against AK, then you'd think its also stronger against random hands than AK is.
    • excelgeo
      excelgeo
      Silver
      roxrocking

let me explain if i may:

you shove 22. anyone that will call you will have a higher pair, hence you are 20% to win, or 2 overcards, say AK and you have 52% chance to win.

so, in situations that people do call you in a preflop shove, you double up 52% of the time vs AK, AQ, AJ and 20% of the time vs any pocket pair. and in an instant shove you will find 88+ calling you. what you can hope for, AT BEST, is that you win 52% of the time.

now consider that you have AK. you win 48% of the time against any pair except AA and KK. against any two other cards such as AQ, AJ you have them dominated. compared to 22, AK has more of a chance vs KK....

if you simply raise preflop and you get 2 callers and you have 22 and the flop doesnt give you a set, chances are very likely that your callers have a piece of the flop and you are beat already. so you cant really pursue it because you have 2 outs to improve your hand to a set, while AK still has 6 outs for top pair top kicker.

finally, if people see you play 22 like it is better than AK, after winning a few pots you will lose so much your head will spin.

hope this helps.
      :]
    • GrantJennings
      GrantJennings
      Bronze
      Scissors beat paper, paper beats rock, rock beats scissors, scissors beat paper...

Holdem is such a deep game. Keep playing with your evaluator, keep reading strategy articles, keep posting in the forums, and keep playing!

As an interesting sidenote, Doyle Brunson once offered to run 22 hot and cold against an other player's AK for cash all night. They saw flop after flop, turns and rivers too, and at the end of the night, Doyle was richer. The guy was so confused: AK is such a better hand than 22, why was he losing? He went home, did some "research", and came back the next week...

to do it again!!! :f_confused:

Some people never learn. :s_love:
    • roxrocking
      roxrocking
      Bronze
      well, actually ive never played 22's (trying to stick to the chart), cause ofcourse on the flop already someone could have an overpair.

but, 22 vs AKs :) :
      http://cakepoker.com/en/HandHistory/Default.aspx?Hand=xc3MzcTFwMXAw8TExM3HzYjFxsPExsHG

and could anyone comment this hand (I had AK hearts):
      http://cakepoker.com/en/HandHistory/Default.aspx?Hand=xc3MzcTFwMfHw8TExMbExojFxsPExsHG
    • GrantJennings
      GrantJennings
      Bronze
      good for you for sticking to the chart. I didn't have the patience when I first started.

regarding the second hand you posted:

your preflop play looks great.

With the Short Stack Strategy, we make a bet on the flop as a bluff against one player only, only if we were the raiser preflop. This continues our aggression from the previous round, and has a very good chance of success against one player. Against two players, the strategy says that we can let the hand go and play check/fold.

If we do make a bet, we want it to look like a real one, one that will make an underpair run for the hills. Bet about half to two thirds the pot.

If your opponents catch you bluffing, and you have to lose $1.20 betting when you have only Ace high, don't worry about it! Just reload and keep playing at the same table. Since we usually have a solid hand when we play the Short Stack Strategy according to the chart, the next time we make this bet, it probably won't be a bluff and our opponents may call, thinking that they can beat us.

You may win three or four nice pots like that for every bluff you get called on. By betting about the same amount when we bluff or when we have a hand, we give our opponents less information. they'll be more likely to fold to our bluffs, thinking that they are valuebets, and more likely to call our valuebets thinking that they are bluffs.
    • roxrocking
      roxrocking
      Bronze
      seems im hijacking this topic, but i got another question when i was reading the strategy articles again.

How to Play After the Flop :http://www.pokerstrategy.com/strategy/no-limit/1375/

it says: "If you raised before the flop, you also play draws"

mm, but on previous article it was said that "When you play, you raise. You never call."

so why the hell is there "If you raised before the flop", when i have to rise before the flop, and especially when there is no reraise (but allin)