[NL2-NL10] TP Wa/Wb?

• JayGatsby
      JayGatsby
      Coach
      Coach
      Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here)  
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $25.15
      CO:
      $32.45
      SB:
      $40.53
      BB:
      $31.20

0.10/0.25 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.7 by www.pokerstrategy.cc.

Preflop: Hero is BU with A:club: , J:club:
      MP2 calls $0.25, MP3 folds, CO calls $0.25, Hero raises to $1.50, SB calls $1.40, BB calls $1.25, MP2 folds, CO calls $1.25.

Flop: ($6.25) 2:heart: , T:spade: , A:diamond: (4 players)
      SB bets $2, 2 folds, Hero calls $2.00.

Turn: ($10.25) 4:diamond: (2 players)
      SB bets $3, Hero calls $3.00.

River: ($16.25) J:heart: (2 players)
      SB bets $7.50, Hero calls $7.50.

Final Pot: $31.25

I decided to play this Hand as Wa/Wb, is this line ok here?
  • 5 replies
    • undercover82
      undercover82
      Bronze
      What is Wa/Wb?
    • JayGatsby
      JayGatsby
      Coach
      Coach
      Originally posted by undercover82
      What is Wa/Wb?
      Way ahead/Way behind.

Means a situation in which you are either far ahead against your opponents range or far behind.

For example in my case I thought he either has a better Ace in which case I would be far behind since I only have 3 J Outs against him, OR I have the better Ace in which case he has only 3 Outs against me.

The way to play in these spots is to call down if he doesnt bet too much, since that guarantees that you lose the minimum if you are behind and win the maximum if you are ahead.

This is because worse hands wont call if you raise.

This is actually a common play in limit hodem where the bets are only a small fraction of the pot. I mean if he bets the Pot two times youd have to fold in NL since the risk of losing too much with a mediocre hand is too high then.

But in my case he bets very weak and smallish. So I decided to just call him down and let him bet with weaker hands.
    • Sleyde
      Sleyde
      Black
      Originally posted by JayGatsby
      Originally posted by undercover82
      What is Wa/Wb?
      Way ahead/Way behind.

Means a situation in which you are either far ahead against your opponents range or far behind.

For example in my case I thought he either has a better Ace in which case I would be far behind since I only have 3 J Outs against him, OR I have the better Ace in which case he has only 3 Outs against me.

The way to play in these spots is to call down if he doesnt bet too much, since that guarantees that you lose the minimum if you are behind and win the maximum if you are ahead.

This is because worse hands wont call if you raise.

This is actually a common play in limit hodem where the bets are only a small fraction of the pot. I mean if he bets the Pot two times youd have to fold in NL since the risk of losing too much with a mediocre hand is too high then.

But in my case he bets very weak and smallish. So I decided to just call him down and let him bet with weaker hands.

yes, thats correct. however, you should raise on the river. most of the time you are ahead given the history of the hand and there ARE worse hands that will call your raisen (any lower twopair and maybe also AQ, AK).
    • JayGatsby
      JayGatsby
      Coach
      Coach
      But do you think it is correct to play this hand Wa/wb, or should I raise on the flop or turn?
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Seems like SB has ace with weak kicker. You could play that wa/wb. As I play SSS, it would be easy all-in on the flop. You both are deep stacks, so I would call flop and also call turn, if you are sure, that he´ll bet again on the river. River re-raise is close, you would loose only set or KQ. So I would make min re-raise here and call if he puts you all-in.