[NL2-NL10] NL25$ BSS hands

• undercover82
      undercover82
      Bronze
      Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here)   
      Position:
      Stack
      MP3:
      $16.30
      CO:
      $14.30
      SB:
      $6.50
      BB:
      $46.85
      UTG+2:
      $11.95
      Hero:
      $24.95

0.10/0.25 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.7 by www.pokerstrategy.cc.

Preflop: Hero is BU with 8:club: , 7:diamond:
      UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 calls $0.25, 2 folds, MP3 calls $0.25, CO calls $0.25, Hero calls $0.25, SB calls $0.15, BB checks.

Flop: ($1.50) 5:heart: , 7:spade: , 6:diamond: (6 players)
      SB checks, BB checks, UTG+2 checks, MP3 bets $1, CO calls $1.00, Hero calls $1.00, SB folds, BB calls $1.00, UTG+2 folds.

Turn: ($5.50) K:diamond: (4 players)
      BB checks, MP3 bets $2, CO folds, Hero calls $2.00, BB folds.

River: ($9.50) 4:heart: (2 players)
      MP3 checks, Hero bets $5, MP3 calls $5.00.

Final Pot: $19.50

I suppose its ok to play that hand since i have good position and there are enough limpers. I get top pair and OESD , how should i play there? Do i flat call or reraise on the flop? Would that depend on if everyone else folded to the SB's bet or not? On turn do i have the odds to call that bet or is it rather fishy , supposing that i am behind at that point ofcourse.

Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here)       
      Position:
      Stack
      UTG+2:
      $34.65
      BU:
      $28.30
      Hero:
      $33.78

0.10/0.25 No-Limit Hold'em (10 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.7 by www.pokerstrategy.cc.

Preflop: Hero is UTG with J:spade: , A:diamond:
      Hero calls $0.25, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 raises to $1.00, 4 folds, BU calls $1.00, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.75.

Flop: ($3.35) 2:club: , A:heart: , A:spade: (3 players)
      Hero checks, UTG+2 bets $1, BU raises to $4.00, Hero calls $4.00, UTG+2 folds.

Turn: ($12.35) 9:club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $5, Hero calls $5.00.

River: ($22.35) K:club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $10, Hero calls $10.00.

Final Pot: $42.35

What do i do on the flop ? Re-reraise , fold in fear of a higher kicker , call ?

Position:
      Stack
      UTG+1:
      $15.05
      BU:
      $9.25
      Hero:
      $25.70

0.10/0.25 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+2 with K:club: , K:diamond:
      UTG+1 calls $0.25, Hero raises to $1.25, 4 folds, BU calls $1.25, 2 folds, UTG+1 calls $1.00.

Flop: ($4.10) 9:club: , 8:spade: , 2:club: (3 players)
      UTG+1 checks, Hero bets $3, BU folds, UTG+1 raises to $13.80 (All-In), Hero calls $10.80.

Turn: ($31.70) J:spade:
      River: ($31.70) T:diamond:

Final Pot: $31.70

He limp/called my raise from UTG and is checkraising me all in. Call or fold?
  • 5 replies
    • JayGatsby
      JayGatsby
      Coach
      Coach
      Hand 1 is a fold for me on the Flop. You only got a weak Top Pair with a bad kicker against much action on a drawheavy board. You are unlikely to have the best hand here. And even if you do have the best hand on the flop its very likely that somebody outdraws you. Any Overcard can hurt you.

Even if you make your straight you cant be sure to have the best hand. If a 9 comes any T beats you. If a 4 comes you often split the pot.

Just ask yourself can I beat a bettor and a caller with my 78?

Second Hand is an easy Fold Preflop.

Against the range of an UTG raiser you are far behind. And you have to play against two opponents out of position.

As played the hand is really tough, thats why you better fold it preflop. I would probably fold on the Flop immediately. A bet and a raise infront of you, you are not last to act.

And btw, never limp with AJ in early position in a 10 handed game. In fact never ever limp AJ, either raise or fold, and never raise it in early position, always fold!

3)
      Tough spot. I think calling is ok however, there are some worse hands that would play like this and he might be on a draw.

Sometimes you will face a set but its often enough a weaker hand.

Its, however, a close decision btw. folding and calling but you get Pot Odds of 2:1.
    • howard182
      howard182
      Bronze
      Originally posted by JayGatsby
      Hand 1 is a fold for me on the Flop. You only got a weak Top Pair with a bad kicker against much action on a drawheavy board. You are unlikely to have the best hand here. And even if you do have the best hand on the flop its very likely that somebody outdraws you. Any Overcard can hurt you.

Even if you make your straight you cant be sure to have the best hand. If a 9 comes any T beats you. If a 4 comes you often split the pot.
      ...perhaps you should read the board again. I don't know what straight draw you think he has that any T would be ahead if a 9 came.

The draw is a bit obvious but the immediate pot odds are quite good (although with players to act behind you on both the flop and turn) at 1:3.5 and 1:3.75 or a bit worse after rake, you have the better of two possible OESDs and possibly have up to 5 outs in 7 and 8 too beating some other two pairs and sets so you shouldn't think about folding. A semi-bluff raise on the flop makes no sense with so many players but is a possible alternative on the turn, MP3 will often be be drawing and can't call (although this mainly gets folds from weaker hands and isn't very attractive although it does win a pot you might've split quite often too).
    • JayGatsby
      JayGatsby
      Coach
      Coach
      Originally posted by howard182
      Originally posted by JayGatsby

...perhaps you should read the board again. I don't know what straight draw you think he has that any T would be ahead if a 9 came.

The draw is a bit obvious but the immediate pot odds are quite good (although with players to act behind you on both the flop and turn) at 1:3.5 and 1:3.75 or a bit worse after rake, you have the better of two possible OESDs and possibly have up to 5 outs in 7 and 8 too beating some other two pairs and sets so you shouldn't think about folding. A semi-bluff raise on the flop makes no sense with so many players but is a possible alternative on the turn, MP3 will often be be drawing and can't call (although this mainly gets folds from weaker hands and isn't very attractive although it does win a pot you might've split quite often too).
      Youre right not any T! But I would still fold because the 4 is not worth that much and even if you have the best hand with a straight 4 to 8 you wont get much action.

But youre right he gets good Pot Odds, so you might also call here, so its pretty close I think.
    • howard182
      howard182
      Bronze
      You don't need to stack your opponent after hitting to make it right, just a small or occasional call from him will do. I don't see what you mean about the 4 not being "worth that much", an 8 high straight here will almost always win or split. The only way you'd lose is if your opponent flopped the nuts with 98 for a 9 high straight, and the action certainly doesn't suggest that.
    • tgrb68
      tgrb68
      Bronze
      Hi.

i got hooked on hand 2 ..... its a tough one. with a vp$ip of 14 you need to be careful as that indicates he/she is very tight and has something.

imho i think a reraise in the flop for information is the move, with a rerasie to $8.00-$10.00 you are telling him that you have an A and you are asking how good is his/hers

if the reraise was made by UTG-2 with a vp$ip of 46 i would have called and pushed later