$6.60
      CO:
      $3.96
      BU:
      $4.64
      SB(Hero):
      $8.05

Preflop: Hero is SB with J, J.
      MP1 calls $0.04, 2 folds, CO raises to $0.16, BU folds, Hero calls $0.14, 2 folds.

Flop: ($0.4) J, 7, 4 (4 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $0.19, Hero raises to $0.47, CO calls $0.28.

Turn: ($1.34) 6 (4 players)
      Hero bets $0.96, CO folds.

Final Pot: $2.3.

question...do u think i should've checked on the turn?
  • 5 replies
    • Pincell
      Pincell
      Bronze
      I think you can't check that turn ever. You need to bet to protect your hand because now every hand with diamond has flushdraw + there are more straigh draws possible.
    • michaelqian
      michaelqian
      Bronze
      That C/R may not be necessary on the flop, it's a pretty dry board, I'm sure he'll call your or even raise you on the flop if you just bet out, you might even get it all in on the flop, which is exactly what you want.

Otherwise it's fine, you definitely can't check that turn for reason mentioned above.
    • SheepMoose
      SheepMoose
      Bronze
      Originally posted by michaelqian
      That C/R may not be necessary on the flop, it's a pretty dry board, I'm sure he'll call your or even raise you on the flop if you just bet out, you might even get it all in on the flop, which is exactly what you want.

Otherwise it's fine, you definitely can't check that turn for reason mentioned above.
      Board is way to drawy. Any diamond combination, 56s/o, etc..
      Generally there's no way else to play this otherwise bet (or in your case check raise) bet and jam on a good river.
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      - 3bet pf, you dont want Ax to hit his A on the flop for cheap.
      - You can call pf but what do you do if a Q, K or A drops on the flop?
      - I would c/c dryish flop, a raise just folds a lot of his range/bluffs. If you are sure he has a made hand, I like the raise.
      - Prob c/r turn because if you bet, you show strength and he thinks you hit your flush.

To answer your question, you can't check turn because its too drawy.

Edit: 5 drinks make me contradict myself xD
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

I'd usually 3bet that preflop but calling isn't horrible by any means.

With top set i like c/raising better than leading on semi-drawy flops, since it's very hard for him to have anything to call or raise with given that you have almost all the top pairs locked.

Turn bet is fine, you don't want a 4th diamond killing your hand and sometimes you'll see people randomly spazzshove stuff like Ad7h with their redraw. If you check not to scare away worse hands it doesn't mean they're gonna bet themselves nor does it mean they'll ever call a bet even on a blank river anyway, so you're loosing a lot less value than you'd think at first by making them fold marginal stuff.

Hope it helps.