Playing against maniacs without hit

• Tommino
      Tommino
      Bronze
      I am not sure what to do when I am on the flop against total maniac (capping every street no matter what) with high ace and I hit nothing. I did some equilations and my equity is around 55% on the most harmless flops.
      The pot is usually around 9,5SBs and we are heads up.
      Should I calldown with such a flop? What about 2 suited or somewhat connected flop?
  • 5 replies
    • taavi1337
      taavi1337
      Bronze
      If you have a hand, calldown. If you don't, fold.
    • Tommino
      Tommino
      Bronze
      Well, that's the problem :) A high is often a best hand in this case. I just don't know if it is worth to CD. Maybe at least when I have overcards?
    • bigdwong
      bigdwong
      Bronze
      Well if he's firing at every flop regardless, give him a re-raise every so often instead of just calling down if you have nothing as well.
    • Dawnfall26
      Dawnfall26
      Black
      Hi!

It depends on what type of a hand do you have on the flop. If you have SD value like A high, low pocket it is a matter of his range and your equity on the flop. If you have a draw without a SD value you actually need more outs( because he will betevery street and wont give you any freecard) but must also be aware that you have bigger implied odds. However this cannot be discribed in short it very much depends on individual situation
    • DarthBobo
      DarthBobo
      Bronze
      Originally posted by bigdwong
      Well if he's firing at every flop regardless, give him a re-raise every so often instead of just calling down if you have nothing as well.
      I find this a bad idea cause you can't bluff a maniac. He'll 3bet you many times.
      If you are weak but have showdown value like A-high, just play WA/WB if you think the board has likely missed his range.