[NL2-NL10] NL 10 KQ bluff or not?

• oedipa
      I was very unhappy with this hand, not that I lost, but of my uncertaininty of what to do
      I think I should have checked behind.
      Reasoning: If he has at least one pair, he will call me on turn, if he doesnt, he would probably fold the flop.
      So my question is: In which situations it is better to check behind than to bet?
      thank you

Known players:

0,05/0,1 No-Limit Hold'em (7 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.69 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with Q:club: , K:diamond:
      MP1 calls $0,10, 3 folds, Hero raises to $0,40, 2 folds, MP1 calls $0,30.

Flop: ($0,95) T:spade: , 6:diamond: , 7:diamond: (2 players)
      MP1 checks, Hero bets $0,50, MP1 calls $0,50.

Turn: ($1,95) 7:heart: (2 players)
      MP1 checks, Hero bets $0,95 (All-In), MP1 calls $0,95.

River: ($3,85) J:heart: (1 players)

Final Pot: $3,85
  • 3 replies
    • oedipa
      you should check/fold the turn and hope to see KQ on the river.
      If not, simply check/fold
      Edit:And to your question - check behind on the turn is good thing if you don't have a made hand and the villain didn't fold to your c-bet.
      You're also in position, so no need to rush things
    • burek2000
      Hey oedipa,

good evaluation of your own hand. :)

Most of the time check behind is the best option in such a spot, like you realized yourself. However, against thinking opponents you could sometimes barrel turn again if A showed up for example as a scarecard, but I think that's too advanced for NL10 since most opponents won't fold to a scarecard on the turn if they called flop with a weak made hand. So, just check behind and hope to improve/free showdown.

• RaWRpewpew
      You had position.

You should use it to take free cards. You made yourself pay for all the cards you saw. Position gives you the chance to check behind sometimes when you have outs.

I dont know if the paired 7 is a scared card though, i always just think of it as its now less likely some1 had a 7 in the first place.