[NL2-NL10] FR NL5 AKo SB vs BB

• Pincell
      Known players:

0.02/0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.69 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with A:heart: , K:spade:
      7 folds, Hero raises to $0.20, BB raises to $0.60, Hero raises to $2.00, BB calls $1.40.

Flop: ($4.00) 3:club: , 7:spade: , 8:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $3.00 (All-In), BB calls $3.00.

Turn: ($10.00) 5:spade:
      River: ($10.00) A:club: (1 players)

Final Pot: $10.00

Is 4bet/call push good line in SB vs BB situation? What do I do on this flop? I'm 100% sure that if I check he is going to bet. Did I overplayed AK here?
  • 5 replies
    • michaelqian
      I think you did indeed overplay it.

I prefer to call his raise, since you are out of position. This depends on personal preference though, some would happily go all in with AK preflop.
    • Pincell
      I'm not sure if call preflop is good play here. His 3 bet range is wide, he looks like fish (small sample size tho) and I don't want to make hard decision on the flop without ace or king OOP. In this case I had to anyway.
    • michaelqian
      Sorry didn't see his stats, but looks to me like a average slightly loose player, not really a fish.

Board is pretty dry, but I think he's not going to call you with nothing.
    • TheBrood
      I like it. You must play AKo this way oop or you will fold it 2/3 times on the flop, losing money in the process.

Pot odds if he calls 3/10 = 30%
      6 outs x 4 = 24 + 2 = 26% chance to win vs QQ-

Add some FE(he might fold a medium pp thinking you have a bigger one) to the 26% and the chance that he calls with AQ- hands and we have a good shove on the flop imo.

Edit: If you think he only plays pp(99+) this way pf, then he prob wont fold postflop. So you must analyze:

- does he have a pp?
      - if he does, will he fold it postflop to a shove?
      - what are your odds vs pp if he calls?

Edit2: If ppl see you play this way with air then they will be more prone to call you later on when you hit/have a monster =)

Edit3: wow my beer is empty, brb.
    • MaestroOfZerg

4betting intending to get it all-in preflop is likely the best play in that spot out of position, as TheBrood outlined you'll have to fold way too often if you just call and miss, and when you hit it's gonna be hard for you to get paid off on Axy or Kxy unless he has a top pair too.

On the flop it really depends on whether you think you can make him fold anything he called preflop with, and unless he's peeling really light with broadways (which his stats don't suggest) then it's not a scary flop at all for a pocket pair, so i expect you'll get looked up somewhat often.

Hope it helps.