Looking for some advice

• fouronine
      fouronine
      Basic
      I am fairly new to poker and am looking for some advice. Currently playing $1+.25 sit and gos on Full Tilt. Started with a bankroll of $10 and after 20 sit and goes I sit at almost $34. I have the 300 big blinds to give fixed limit a shot and wondered what you all thought of switching from a high rake sng as a newbie to .05-.10 fixed limit.

I have read the basic strategies on fixed limit and it seems to me to be a bit more math based. I also wonder if it would be easier to multi-table fixed limit vs. sit and goes as they tend to move pretty fast at the bubble and beyond.

I have enjoyed the sit and goes so far. I am using pokertracker to track my play and have found some leaks so far. I have 2 goals when I sit down to make it in the money and then give myself an opportunity to win. I still have lots to learn and am looking forward to the journey ahead.

Do you think swapping from the 1+.25 sit and goes to .05-.10 fixed limit would be a smarter move at this point at least until my bankroll hits a point where I can work both the 2+.25 sit and goes and the .10-.20 fixed limit. I look forward to your responses or if more information is needed for an answer.
  • 3 replies
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      I think you will never know unless you try FL. Other peoples experience will vary from yours.
    • slowshow
      slowshow
      Bronze
      Learned and played FL10, now switched to NL10 SSS. FL is cool to learn cause You are forced to memoryze math and logics of poker. However there are too few FL players, at least in pacific and bway. Fewer players mean fewer fish and better oponents, therefore, - fewer profits. NL SSS is easier to play, fewer decisions, so You can multitable. FL i found to be too hard to multitable, at least for my level of play. Just my 2 cents! Good luck! :f_cool:
    • andreibalint
      andreibalint
      Bronze
      give FL a try it's very nice and at 5/T cents you'll be in a fishtank. In the iPoker network i have plenty of tables, i don't know where you play.
      Oh, and if you do play FL you have to be a little swing-resistant.