This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] nl 25 KK on axx flop

• looserbaby79
      looserbaby79
      Bronze
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.1/$0.25 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      CO:
      $12.08
      BU:
      $11.05
      SB(Hero):
      $25.45
      BB:
      $22.26
      MP2:
      $65.10
      MP3:
      $30.40

Preflop: Hero is SB with K, K.
      3 folds, BU raises to $1.00, Hero raises to $3.15, BB folds, BU calls $2.25.

Flop: ($6.75) T, 8, A (2 players)
      Hero bets $4.81, BU raises to $7.80, Hero calls $2.99.

Turn: ($22.35) A (2 players)

River: ($22.35) 9 (2 players)

Final Pot: $22.35.

hi all,
      my question here is if i can play this flop better - becose when i contibet here only better hands call me.
      maybe check / push?
      thx for advice
  • 3 replies
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      Ask yourself:

- what kind of hand does he prob hold? pp? sc? Ax?
      - if you think he has worse pp but will bluff you, you can c/c
      - if you think hes a station calling down any pair, then bet!
      - if you think he can have sc then bet for protection but prob fold to raise(unless he likes to bluff raise).
      - if you think he can have Ax, then you can c/c once and fold to 2barrel. If hes bluffing the flop he will think twice of bluffing turn with air, thinking you are slowplaying your A.

I just noticed he is a midstack. I prob c/c flop, since he will prob call your c/r with an A and fold his bluffs. If you think he calls without an A(pair or draw), then c/r is good.

I would bet turn if he checks flop, since FD is out there and second A lowers probability of him having one.
    • pokerafterdark
      pokerafterdark
      Bronze
      hes range is v. wide and hes short with close to a pot size bet left on the flop
      personally i would just b/c has hes range is not just and ace but lots of connecters and draws.
      his stack is at a wierd amount so hes props not a good player either and think on level 1.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by pokerafterdark
      hes range is v. wide and hes short with close to a pot size bet left on the flop
      personally i would just b/c has hes range is not just and ace but lots of connecters and draws.
      his stack is at a wierd amount so hes props not a good player either and think on level 1.
      +1
      I also like b/c, he would shove there worse hands than yours