[NL2-NL10] NL10 JJ, overcard+flushdraw on flop

• oedipa
      oedipa
      Bronze
      I am aware that I had to c-bet 60 instead of 50 as the board is draw heavy and I will try to avoid this mistake in future, but the real question is, should I have pushed or did the right thing folding to his check/raise, as my hand is trash? :)
      thank you for the answer

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $10,72
      Hero:
      $2,00

0,05/0,1 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.69 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with J:heart: , J:club:
      2 folds, Hero raises to $0,40, 3 folds, SB calls $0,35, BB folds.

Flop: ($0,90) 3:spade: , K:spade: , 3:club: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0,50, SB raises to $1,00, Hero folds, SB gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $1,90
  • 3 replies
    • dandycal
      dandycal
      Bronze
      NH, the basic standard move here is to c-bet/fold because of the overcard on the board.

On such a board it's sometimes possible to bet/call, that depends a lot on your opponent though. Keep an eye out for what types of hands your opponents ch/R you with and on what particular boards (paired, drawy etc) so you can have a feel for it later on.
    • RahXephon1
      RahXephon1
      Bronze
      I go broke on this flop, villain has an agression factor of 11 and I really don't see many kings in his range. Maybe KQ,KJ. Maybe he's trapping with a monster but folding seems really weak to me. Off course I'm known to be a calling station, so the advice needs to be taken with a grain of salt.

Your betsize is OK imo, since the only draw is the flush draw.
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      Hey oedipa,

since this is NL10 I would stick to standard line which is bet/fold flop like you did. Therefore nice hand. There's also nothing wrong with your c-bet size as the board is paired and only possible draw is FD.

However, if you play with stats and you want to improve your game with them then you could bet/push this flop as the villain is way too aggressive and I don't see him folding a pocket pair here nor a FD, so, you beat most of his check/raise range.

Regards,
      burek2000