BTN ($38.60)

Dealt to Hero A:diamond: Q:diamond:

Hero raises to $6, fold, fold, fold, fold, SB calls $5, fold

FLOP ($14) 5:diamond: 2:spade: 8:spade:

SB checks, Hero checks

TURN ($14) 5:diamond: 2:spade: 8:spade: 4:heart:

SB bets $10, Hero raises to $35 (AI), SB folds

SB: 26/14/ 54 f2cb / 32wts / AF 1.6, 2.6, 1.4 /

What line would you use here, cb flop? I checked for a free Turn because there were many good cards for me and I thought I could get him to bet with a worse hand. Thoughts?
  • 4 replies
    • RahXephon1
      RahXephon1
      Bronze
      I would probably keep it simple since he folds a lot to contibets. Pretty agressive play on the turn from your side. What hands do you think he could fold here other than overcards? My reasoning is that you risked your whole stack to get payed 10$ more, when on contibet 8$ would be enough. Were you counting on his high turn AF?

I'm not criticizing your play, I just want to understand your thought process better.
    • dandycal
      dandycal
      Bronze
      Yeah, I expect him to have missed this board on most cases and to bet on turn with most of his range after my missed cb. Then I could raise him on any 3, 4, A, Q, :diamond: , with 10+ remaining outs and a lot of FE.

I am just not sure I should expect him to be that aggressive on the turn.
    • goldflair03
      goldflair03
      Bronze
      what are his coldcallingstats from the sb?

whats wrong with a cbet in this spot?

the turn will improve u just in 30%. so u often get moved out with the better hand or u gonna push the fd without feq as u cant represent anything after such a line.

as long as i dont know anything about his turnbettingrange i'll just play my standartline against him.

b/c flop
      check behind unimproved turn or low diamond / push improved turn Q,A or (j,K diamond as they are good scarecards against villians callingrange) =)
    • ysessa
      ysessa
      Basic
      your c/r is not good at all.. he will not fold a pair on this board so in best case you get him to fold 6 live outs i also think the board hits his calling range pretty good so i would call the turn fold river unimproved.