dilemmas

• raun
      raun
      Bronze
      i have a few questions i would like your opinion on. i play SSS no HUD

1 how do you react against a person who makes a limp/push utg or mp?

2 how about minraise/push from an unknown utg or mp?

3 in another case you have a read that a person only limps monsters early position.
      he limps UTG and you have AKs CO. how do you play it?

i play without HUD
  • 12 replies
    • Cpwpoker
      Cpwpoker
      Bronze
      Uhh if you are a SSS player....

All the answer for these question are found here :

http://www.pokerstrategy.com/strategy/no-limit/#basic

Just follow the chart.

And play as they told you to play.
    • raun
      raun
      Bronze
      i know the chart mate. i also know that you have to play a bit more advanced than that as you progress.

i play NL200 and NL400 at Cake. my account just isnt tracked by pokerstrategy

but i do think these hands pose a dilemma
    • Cpwpoker
      Cpwpoker
      Bronze
      My bad xD

Was just trying to help :s_cry:

Personally i dunno as i got a bad experience with SSS and decide to stop to play those.

But i can give you my point of view about these.

1st Call all-in with AA KK and maybe AK else fold.Because with QQ JJ and if he has A or K it is not worth.

2nd same as 1st.

3rd Just call and try to have a cheap showdown.

Probably my advices are wrong but it is the way i would have played these 3 situation.

I'm still a fish :f_cry:
    • raun
      raun
      Bronze

personally i would call the push in #1 and #2 with JJ+ AK+ but i think it might also be correct to call with AJ, and 99+ since he would often make this move with mid pp's in my experience. but of course he could also be trapping with a monster.

in #3 i am really at a loss. if i called and hit the flop i certainly wouldnt be able to fold but then again if i hit an ace then odds are small that he has the remaining 2 aces. + calling will make it at least a 3 way pot.
    • Cpwpoker
      Cpwpoker
      Bronze
      For the 1st and 2nd this will depend on the image of the one who push xD bah dunno as am an more or less BSS player.

But for the 3rd maybe he is just using his image to scared you...

After some time and when i'm sure that i have made a TAG image at my table i will start to increase my range of hand which many time prevent my opponents to raise or call my raise as they know that i was playing very tight in the beginning and this image still are in their mind when they realized that i have loosened up my session end xD

If you are lost then fold.Playing without a plan or by being confused will make you lose moral and play badly >_<

Don't underestimate your opponent but don't also overestimate them ^_^
    • raun
      raun
      Bronze
      konservativ
      TAG ABC.
      semi steal!
      often limpsteal!
      often def!
      tight 3bet.
      ocomplete AQo
      + c/c down.
      limp AA mp1.
      raise/call 88 CO.
      limp JJ utg (x2).
      limp kjo CO.
      raise JJ+c/c
      down midpair.
      limp 44 utg.
      ccpf AQs BB.
      ccpf 99 mp1 +
      c/c down
      midpair.
      ccpf 82o
      BU+c/c down
      TP.
      limp/call KQo
      mp3 + c/c down
      midpair.
      limp/push AKs
      utg.
      limp AQo utg+1.
      ccpf T9s
      BU+c/c down
      TP.
      ccpf/call 97s
      SBvsBU+BB.
      raise/call AJs
      utg.
      ccpf/call push
      88 mp3.
      limps AA!
      limp 98o mp2.
      check/raise set.
      ccpf AJo mp3.

these are my notes on a player. i know they are a bit of a mess but i hope u can understand then. what should i do if i see him limp utg and i have fx.
      99 BU or
      AQs MP2?
      and how should i react if i raise and he then pushes?
    • Cpwpoker
      Cpwpoker
      Bronze
      Hmm he seems to like to limp with AA >_< !

Against this type of player think it is better to play for a cheap showdown or just try to trap him with Sets and throw away every One pair.

Maybe it is a simple way to play but it is a safe way to play assuming you don't invest to much preflop against him.

Don't be obsess in beating him.You are playing cash game so your goal is to make profit and increased your skill.

ah just notice you was playing SSS.

AA KK shove it preflop if he pushes.

AK JJ QQ - try to get a cheap showdown. Against your AK not everytime he will have AA or KK. With JJ QQ one/seven time set if he limp with AA or KK he will died when you hit your set.If you hit your pair with AK don't mind going all-in as in the long term you will win.

Just don't make it personal else you will become obsess in beating him.

I'm sort of a fish xD so sorry if my advice are wrong.
    • raun
      raun
      Bronze
      thanks for your advice allthough i am a bit disappointed that you were the only one who bothered answering me
    • Cpwpoker
      Cpwpoker
      Bronze
      Originally posted by raun
      thanks for your advice allthough i am a bit disappointed that you were the only one who bothered answering me
      Don't be disappointed.

Most of the gold + pokerstrategist play NL or PLO so you won't get a lot of advice concerning SSS as it is a strategy that have a lot and lot of articles about it.

But the best way to get a good answer is by posting your hand on the hand evaluation topic for SSS.There you are sure you will get advice from a hand judge which can be very useful.
    • raun
      raun
      Bronze
      yea, i used to post a lot of hands but its not very handy when you play at cake cause you cant just copy/paste a hand + i dont play with a hud.
    • Cpwpoker
      Cpwpoker
      Bronze
      Try on google cake poker forum hand converter xD

There seems to be a program to convert cake poker hh to poker star hh which may be used to convert and put on forum.

This might help i did not post the site where i found it on board because of the board rules but think google is allowed here.

I did not test the program so used at your own risk.

Cpwpoker n Co will not be responsible for damages or any problem when using the third party software :s_evil:
    • raun
      raun
      Bronze
      hehe thanks mate.