This a normal swing? + Video question

• Ejeckt
      Ejeckt
      Bronze
      Argh, so this is my last 1.5 weeks worth of hands. I'm new to SH, so I'm wondering is this sort of variance normal or rare? I guess you could say it's my first bit of serious variance in FLSH... but for 12K hands, since I started this new limit (almost 2 weeks is quite a bit of time, no)? I guess I just have no idea what 'normal' SH variance is. Can anyone explain?

Maybe show some of your first swings, and how you handled it :P

Also, I'd like to make a video of my play. Any place that has general guidelines? Like which software to use (I think camtasia is recommended, but I'm not sure), where to upload, how many tables to play, should I voice-over and discuss my hands, what size/length should the vid be? Would anyone be willing to review it?

• 9 replies
    • KidPokersKid
      KidPokersKid
      Global
      Read some of the fixed limit players blogs like Opal .. FLSH is one hell of a swingy game be prepared for it.
    • Dawnfall26
      Dawnfall26
      Black
      Hi!

Your graph shows +-150BB which is very normal. I dont consider this to even be an upswing pr downswing.
      Sure,make a video. ccao 20-30 min and voice over. Camtasia is program:)
    • Ejeckt
      Ejeckt
      Bronze
      I looked at some blogs. Suddenly I realize I have nothing to complain about.

Just gotta keep learning and grinding :D

Thanks chaps
    • funktor
      funktor
      Bronze
      What site do you play at? Unless you play at PokerStars I would not recommend switch to SH due to rake... (pokerstars has cap on rake for each level). FR will have rake about 0.8BB bellow the SH.

A the moment I play 0.5/1 SH on Party, but with current bonuses I got from them I got like 60% rakeback and there is cashmachine promotion (+$150 for me)

Funktor
    • Ejeckt
      Ejeckt
      Bronze
      I play at Party right now as well. Just trying to clear my whole starting capital bonus and then I'm off to stars as well. Gonna, hopefully, build up a roll to $500 so I can put that in party and clear first deposit bonus @ 0.50/1.00.
    • TerrorBlade
      TerrorBlade
      Black
      Use camtasia and use a mic to give us your every thought process about the hands you play, this is probably the most important part because then we can find any bad thought processes that could lead to multiple mistakes.
    • Ejeckt
      Ejeckt
      Bronze
      Thanks Terrorblade, I'll do just that. A bit nervous now :P But I guess I really can't be shy/embarrassed of my errors. That defeats the whole purpose.
    • igor35
      igor35
      Bronze
      +/- 150 is like half of the bankroll. Is it really not that bad? i am down 100bb at 0.5/1 after 4500 hands and 50bb at 1/2 after 2500 hands it is a bit frustrating....
    • Berkstajger
      Berkstajger
      Bronze
      Well, usually rakeback/bonuses keep you alive. For instance I just recovered from 300 BB loss... :)

And 150 BBs should be only ~1/3 of bankroll playing SH. ;)