A little advice ... bankroll and stakes ?!

• bogotm
      bogotm
      Bronze
      Hy I want to play poker at PokerStars and I want to know what is the corect bankroll to start and at what stakes... I am not a beginner player but not so advanced player either. I played at 1$ - 10$ sit and go. The players are good and bad at this stakes, I want to play not more then 4h/day and I want some advice from were i shoud start, and what i should play, cash NO, s&g or Tournamets more, and at what stakes? If some one had start with a bankroll
      under or 200$ and had success contact me at email at bogo_gf@yahoo.com and mb we can change some opinions! Ty & I'll w8 for your suggestions !
  • 6 replies
    • kingdippy2008
      kingdippy2008
      Bronze
      Hello bogotm,

PokerStrategy have articles that can help you on this subject. One that explains Bankroll management for SnG can be found here --> http://www.pokerstrategy.com/strategy/sng/1347/

It suggests that you never spend more than 2% of you Bankroll on a SnG. This can be looked at like 50 Buy Ins ;)

Best Regards,

-Jack
    • advola
      advola
      Bronze
      for your question of if someone started with bankroll of under 200$
      i think the answer is most of pokerstrategy members...
      started with the 50+100$ starting capitel... (of 50+50$ on full tilt)
      and some never looked behind...

to start the bankroll is doesn't matter...
      i started playing real money from a freeroll win 10$
      and got to 550$ with no BRM and lost it...
      the BRM was what destroy my play becouse i didnt knew what is it

but i found this site and read the articles and interesting threads..
      and now got couple of K$ ...
      LEARN AND THEN PLAY... good luck...
    • bogotm
      bogotm
      Bronze
      Originally posted by advola
      for your question of if someone started with bankroll of under 200$
      i think the answer is most of pokerstrategy members...
      started with the 50+100$ starting capitel... (of 50+50$ on full tilt)
      and some never looked behind...

to start the bankroll is doesn't matter...
      i started playing real money from a freeroll win 10$
      and got to 550$ with no BRM and lost it...
      the BRM was what destroy my play becouse i didnt knew what is it

but i found this site and read the articles and interesting threads..
      and now got couple of K$ ...
      LEARN AND THEN PLAY... good luck...
      I have made the quizz long time ago... wen they sad that your bankroll it have to be = 30xbuy-in in a torunament.. I want to ask If i can do again the quiz that is now and receive the 50$ bonus? I realy like to start poker again,
      and play for-good!
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Hi bogotm,

Each member is only entitled to just one starting capital (other than an occasional promotional capital that is given out at random).

PokerStrategy does have the Tell A Friend scheme though, which can earn you additional money towards your bankroll. Full details are in the link in my signature bar.
      Trying to cash in a few freeroll tournaments is another way of rebuilding a bankroll from scratch without depositing your own funds.

For tournaments (multi-table), it is recommended that a 100xBI is used, for Sng's (single table) 50BI can be used and obviously less can be used for cash games depending on which strategy you are using.
      Whilst you could use a more aggressive BI strategy, it should be noted that the risk of going bust is a lot higher as you have mentioned.

We all wish you well rebuilding your bankroll and look forward to hearing how you get on.

Best regards,

Bart
    • bogotm
      bogotm
      Bronze
      Originally posted by EagleStar88
      Hi bogotm,

Each member is only entitled to just one starting capital (other than an occasional promotional capital that is given out at random).

PokerStrategy does have the Tell A Friend scheme though, which can earn you additional money towards your bankroll. Full details are in the link in my signature bar.
      Trying to cash in a few freeroll tournaments is another way of rebuilding a bankroll from scratch without depositing your own funds.

For tournaments (multi-table), it is recommended that a 100xBI is used, for Sng's (single table) 50BI can be used and obviously less can be used for cash games depending on which strategy you are using.
      Whilst you could use a more aggressive BI strategy, it should be noted that the risk of going bust is a lot higher as you have mentioned.

We all wish you well rebuilding your bankroll and look forward to hearing how you get on.

Best regards,

Bart
      Thak You for you time! It was good talking with you!
      Best Regards,
      Bogo

PS: mb we'll play some hands in the future ;)
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Your welcome bogo,

Good luck buddy :)

Bart