[NL2-NL10] NL10 SH: TT weak play?

• cath2034
      cath2034
      Bronze
      Here is my hand. I was wandering if the check/raise on the flop was good. Or maybe a fold preflop would have been the right play? Considering that BU is loose, is it good to think that I have the best hand on the flop?

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $18,95
      BU:
      $22,65

0,05/0,1 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.69 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with T:club: , T:spade:
      MP2 folds, Hero raises to $0,40, CO folds, BU raises to $1,20, 2 folds, Hero calls $0,80.

Flop: ($2,55) 3:diamond: , 4:club: , 6:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $1,45, Hero raises to $3,10, BU folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $5,45

thank you :)

BTW I don't speak english very well...
  • 3 replies
    • Ihaf
      Ihaf
      Bronze
      Need a 3bet % for villain to give more accurate advice.

If villain has been 3betting tons, then I would 4bet preflop $4 for value (also as a defense to get him to stop light 3betting). Calling the 3bet is also good as long as your comfortable playing OOP. Folding is the worst option against a light 3better, as your probably folding the best hand.

If villain's 3bet range is tight (most TAGs, even loose ones, 3bet range are AK+) you need to fold this.

On the flop, check/raising is the best option. Villain most likely missed this board. By checking, we allow him to cbet his air (and most TAGs cbet way too much) and take down his cbet+pot, with a c/r. Only thing of note is your check/raise is way too weak, your giving him good odds to call with any sort of hand that hit that board. Check/raise stronger to $5, you don't want to give him a cheap card.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Your English is fine.

As for the hand, Ihaf likely missed the fact that you were deepstacked. Do not 4bet it 200bb deep oop. You'll just put yourself up against a range that crushes you, since not a whole lot of tags at nl10 are willing to get involved with a hand like AQ or lower pocket pairs deepstacked, even with position. Calling is perfectly fine, you get decent implieds even oop and you might have the best hand if BU is 3betting a lot in these positions, so going up against the bluffs part of his 3betting range is a fine bonus too.

On the flop i don't really like this "information minraise" out of position deepstacked, you'll have to fold if he 3bets you and you'll see an even more bloated pot out of position on the turn if he just floats the minraise. I'd just call and see a turn, not many tags will have the balls to fire again on a blank with a worse hands for 200bb. Pot control over protection especially out of position, a medium overpair isn't a hand you're willing to defend with your stack for 200bb.

Hope it helps.
    • cath2034
      cath2034
      Bronze
      Thanks to both.

You made me realize things that I don't really think about when I'm playing a hand.