$10.35
      MP2:
      $18.34
      MP3:
      $10.78
      CO:
      $9.45

Preflop: Hero is SB with A, Q.
      2 folds, CO raises to $0.40, BU folds, Hero raises to $1.40, BB folds, CO calls $1.00.

Flop: ($2.9) 7, 6, 8 (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.80, CO calls $1.80.

Turn: ($6.5) 5 (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO checks.

River: ($6.5) 4 (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $6.25, Hero calls $6.25.

Final Pot: $19.
  • 4 replies
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Play is fine for preflop and flop given that you have good equity even tho the board should hit a standard tag 3bet-calling range somewhat hard.

On the turn i'd just check/fold. He doesn't bet when you check it tho, which is somewhat odd.

On the river the main question is whether he can have 9x there. I'd say "no" for most people as they would bet the turn with a straight, but against an unknown who knows he might try to slowplay it in that spot. Even decent players might figure they're only up against 9 outs sometimes and more often than not against hands that are drawing dead, so it's worth taking the risk of a flush hitting on the river. Since you're asked to risk around 6.5 for at best a split of ~13/2=6.5, just fold it imo.

Hope it helps.
    • elco49
      elco49
      Bronze
      It's $6.5 to win $3. Are we really splitting less than 70% of the time?
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Oh yeah my bad on the maths, it's even worse than i thought.

No idea how often you're splitting without knowing anything about him, you don't know if he can bluff an unlikely spadedraw or turn a made hand into a bluff there. The fact is if he's thinking it's possible for him to have 9x but not for you, so it's a good spot to push you off a split, but i doubt that guy would know that.

Those are situations where you don't want to start guessing against players you have absolutely no reads on. You might take the initiative yourself by betting to avoid giving him that opportunity, but for all you know he's dumb enough to call your bet or shove over while playing the board himself, plus if he has 9x you're loosing even more money.

Stay out of the guessing game with those odds until you have a good reason, is my advice.

Hope it helps.
    • elco49
      elco49
      Bronze
      Okay, thanks for the advice. :)