In the event of a network disconnect

• csnmf
      csnmf
      Global
      I was playing on Ladbrokes yesterday when i am 99% sure there was a network disconnect just after the river card was dealt partially proven by the customer response email below

"The game logic took over when both players disconnected and checked the hand on the river. "

Although he goes on to claim there wasn't a network wide disconnect even though everyone on the table actually disconnected as when i was able to reconnect there was only one person on every table i.e. it was network wide. What are the chances it was just me and my opponent?

After 4 emails i was finally able to get 50 pounds back but they make it sound like they are doing me a favour. Just because the game logic took over doesn't mean the hand was played fully, I was only allowed to play half a hand, in the event of only my opponent disconnecting i could have min bet and won the pot as ladbrokes doesn't have disconnect-protect. If he is indeed correct and it was only me and my opponent who disconnected then why give my 50 pounds, I would also agree in this situation that i don't deserve anything back.

When i used to play on party i would occasionally get the email along the lines of we are sorry here is your refund in these events. Surely in this situation there should be a FULL refund or am i being unreasonable? Can anyone else on Ladbrokes at the time also confirm or deny they were also disconnected on Sept 14 19.32 UK time.

Dear Mr Peever,

Thank you for your e-mail. I have reviewed the hand in question and can confirm that normal game play occurred throughout. The game logic took over when both players disconnected and checked the hand on the river. This is something that is standard across the industry when game play is interrupted by disconnections. As I understand it there is no software available which would void the hand during a disconnection, the hand would play out and perform exactly as ours did. The only time when a hand is voided would be when there is a complete server crash, in this instance the hands would be voided and any funds committed to the pot would be refunded automatically.

I am also at liberty to tell you that you opponent was indeed holding AA. This would have been shown during the showdown, so we can reveal this to you on this occasion. So the only cards that could have beat himwas a 3 or 4 making a full house v two pair.

I have also looked at the hands at the other tables you were playing at which hands were folded due to the connection problems, I can see that you lost two small blinds and one big blind.

In circumstances where (as outlined above) a complete server failure occurs all hands are voided in cash game play and funds returned to players. However, as this was a connection issue this did not happen andplay continued which would be how the software is expected to run. In view of your good standing as a valued customer with Ladbrokes Poker andas a gesture of goodwill for the interruption to your game play yesterday, I have credited your account with £50 on this occasion which I sincerely hope you accept with our best wishes. I must however confirmthat this payment is a goodwill gesture and would not normally be paid under normal circumstances where disconnections occur.

If we can be of any further assistance, please contact us again and we will be more than happy to help you.

Kind regards, RichardHead of Poker Customer ServiceLadbrokes Multi Player Poker
  • 5 replies
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Originally posted by csnmf

Can anyone else on Ladbrokes at the time also confirm or deny they were also disconnected on Sept 14 19.32 UK time.

Hi csnmf,

As your asking a specific question to members using Ladbroke, it might be better to move this into the Ladbroke board.

I'll leave it here in General Discussion for the moment as don't know if you were looking for feedback on other members d/c problems across different platforms, but just give me a shout if you would like it moved.

From my own personal experiences, I have always found every platform to be very fair in the way they treat d/c's and each will have their own set of rules that determine refunds/compensation where the whole network goes down. These instances are still rare however and most d/c are more likely a problem with the connection between your pc/laptop and the internet.

Best regards,

Bart
    • csnmf
      csnmf
      Global
      Hi was a dual purpose thread, as i've already posed the same question in the ladbrokes specific forum. The second part was if i was being unreasonable to pursue this refund. Although i guess to know if it's reasonable or not depends on the type of disconnection which i think was network wide but no one seems to be playing at the time to either agree or disagree.
    • csnmf
      csnmf
      Global
      I guess i've got my answer i was checking through the playcheck feature and found

Players Cards Actions
      storabanken - Fold - Timed Out - - -
      lifei - Fold - Timed Out - - -
      MORALES72 (D) - Fold - Timed Out - - -
      LarsN0 SB EU €0.25 Fold - Timed Out - - -
      antzv BB EU €0.50 - - - -
      blaze80 Fold - Timed Out - - - -
      Total Pot EU €0.75

This was the very next hand on the table in question, the same thing happened on all my tables - obviously it shows everyone timing out and hence a server crash. The Timed Out thing didn't appear in the hand in question as the game logic took over so both players checked even though we were both timed out. I cant believe the head of their customer support tried to fob me off claiming it was my connection problem especially when i am a VIP player there and have even attended 2 of their VIP events.

I guess i need to email them back again for a full refund this time and probably a bit of extra compensation for wasting my time.
    • csnmf
      csnmf
      Global
      This was a section of their reply

"As previously stated, I can confirm following further investigations to the problems experienced on 14th September were not as a result of a server crash We have since been advised by Microgaming that there were serious connection problems for around 30 minutes on 14th September due to a major Internet Service Provider failing in Canada where the servers are based. This would have resulted in a high proportion of disconnections, however the nature of this sort of disconnection was completely outside our control. ."

So meh whatever i still think it's their fault, and i think the ISP they use are shite as i get constant connection problems probably due to routing. I think cake poker recently had similar problems how was that resolved?
    • Berzerger
      Berzerger
      Bronze
      Originally posted by csnmf
      So meh whatever i still think it's their fault, and i think the ISP they use are shite as i get constant connection problems probably due to routing. I think cake poker recently had similar problems how was that resolved?
      It wasn't. The bastards still occasionally disconnect me in the middle of a session, often several times in a row.