the new SSS at Titan

• racenutalways
      racenutalways
      Bronze
      What's with this SSS explosion I have been exploiting lately. There is no raise 3.5xBB, it's all in or nothing, any position, they have VPIP of 12 and PFR% 12 or similar.
      Showdown hands of choice, A5o+ 55+. What's the mentality here?? Some add hands like KQo, KQs and AJo and any pair. They're awesome, and esay to beat, which is great, but WTF are they thinking? What am I missing?
  • 10 replies
    • marvinas
      marvinas
      Bronze
      What limits are you talking about? Somehow I don't see such stuff, would be fun to join :)
    • Cpwpoker
      Cpwpoker
      Bronze
      Is it your birthday today?

If yes that your gift xD !

Lol they are just some millionaire giving away money ^_^
    • racenutalways
      racenutalways
      Bronze
      NL 20-50$
    • racenutalways
      racenutalways
      Bronze
      I guess I am the only one seeing this huh.
    • Bronscapade
      Bronscapade
      Bronze
      Dude ive been seeing the same thing on pokerstars. They push straight lateposition with anypair and any suited ace and like A8o or better. And for the rest of the positions they play normal starting hands but just push instead of 3-4BB raise.
      The funny thing is they making money, i got about 3k hands on one of the guys that plays this style on NL25 and according to pokertracker he is up like 60 dollars. Thats a solid winrate over a fairly large sample size.

But my winrate is higher so i prefer normal sss :)
    • racenutalways
      racenutalways
      Bronze
      They rarely raise EP unless they have a strong hand, JJ+ MP they widen up 99+ range, LP even wider QTS+, blinds any Q+ shove. When they hold the goods they get loose calls from rookies thinking any A is good to call off 20bbs with, any pair 22+, so I can see them making money in the long run, the taggs only call QQ+ and some AK, so they rake the blinds.

Vpip 12-15/12-15 seems to be the magic stats on these players.
      hands won% 11+
      sessions won 50%
    • RahXephon1
      RahXephon1
      Bronze
      They are probably using Sklansky pushes. Are they doing it with 15bb and less or even with 20+. The more the blinds less profitable it gets.

It is profitable howevewr to push some of the marginal hand with a smaller stack as is pretty hard to play them postflop, but they have enough equity against random hands.
    • xponentx
      xponentx
      Bronze
      Originally posted by RahXephon1
      They are probably using Sklansky pushes. Are they doing it with 15bb and less or even with 20+. The more the blinds less profitable it gets.

It is profitable howevewr to push some of the marginal hand with a smaller stack as is pretty hard to play them postflop, but they have enough equity against random hands.
      Yep sounds like S-C pushes to me, I find them very profitable.
    • racenutalways
      racenutalways
      Bronze
      Aww the S/C, thanks for the heads up, that all makes sense now. Most sit with 20bbs and leave when doubled, some do it even after doubling up, some are smart, some aren't.

The range being:( i think)
      EP-TT+,AQ+
      MP-88+,ATs+,AJs+
      CO-66+A8+,A5s+,KQ+,KJs+
      Button-22+,A2+KT+,K9s+,QJ+
      blinds-K5+,K2s+,Q9+,Q5s+

I normally been calling them with JJ+,AKs giving me 58% equity on their range, when they are in EP, MP and LP, at times I add the AKo, but not always.

When they are in the blinds I call 99+,AQs+,AQ+. They shove to my limp rarely as they know my range, this has disadvantage of course, sitting to their left has a small advantage, but 7 others yet too act makes it dangerous as I'm giving some good odds to call their small pairs. No longer heads up reduces my equity.

I see too many calling them with Ax, KT+, 22+, doughheads.
    • xponentx
      xponentx
      Bronze
      Just take notes on their ranges and use that in your equity calculations. If they are regs then they are probably true S-C pushes, but if they are unknowns, chances are it's just bad play.