help a new sh player

• Rubbertoe84
      Rubbertoe84
      Bronze
      I made the switch to flsh as the fr games were way too tight, and i have to say i love the game.
      The thing is its so full of fish it should be easy to beat,yet i keep getting suckout after suckout, i either win small pots with marginal hands or lose big ones against 2 outers, any advice?should i play less aggressive against all these calling sttions or should i stick to my play? my stats are 20/16/2/41
      (vpip/pfr/af/wtsd)
  • 5 replies
    • ciRith
      ciRith
      Bronze
      Hi Rubbertoe84,

SH has as you noticed a higher variance so you need to get used to it. :) Don't worry the variance will be on your side as well.
      Your stats look fine to me. Maybe a bit passive but that's not too bad when you are not used to SH to stay out of a lot difficult spots. :)
    • Rubbertoe84
      Rubbertoe84
      Bronze
      thanks, i´ve noticed there isnt a specific chart for sb defence, how would you go about this? A lot of times the button limps and the chart says fold anythig under QJo but i feel certain hands like KTo K9o or Qto are playable against such week opponents, i´m just not sure if this is +ev in the long run
    • Ejeckt
      Ejeckt
      Bronze
      They may be playable against weak opponents... if you have position. The problem with playing from the SB is that you'll be OOP for the whole hand.
    • Rubbertoe84
      Rubbertoe84
      Bronze
      a player limping from the button is usually week,if i can isolate and play the pot hu it should be possible even if oop
    • ciRith
      ciRith
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Rubbertoe84
      thanks, i´ve noticed there isnt a specific chart for sb defence, how would you go about this? A lot of times the button limps and the chart says fold anythig under QJo but i feel certain hands like KTo K9o or Qto are playable against such week opponents, i´m just not sure if this is +ev in the long run
      SB defence is often either 3-bet or fold so there is no extra chart needed. :)
      You can use the bronze chart for completing if you hand isn't strong enough for a 3-bet.