This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

help a new sh player

• Rubbertoe84
      Rubbertoe84
      Bronze
      I made the switch to flsh as the fr games were way too tight, and i have to say i love the game.
      The thing is its so full of fish it should be easy to beat,yet i keep getting suckout after suckout, i either win small pots with marginal hands or lose big ones against 2 outers, any advice?should i play less aggressive against all these calling sttions or should i stick to my play? my stats are 20/16/2/41
      (vpip/pfr/af/wtsd)
  • 5 replies
    • ciRith
      ciRith
      Bronze
      Hi Rubbertoe84,

SH has as you noticed a higher variance so you need to get used to it. :) Don't worry the variance will be on your side as well.
      Your stats look fine to me. Maybe a bit passive but that's not too bad when you are not used to SH to stay out of a lot difficult spots. :)
    • Rubbertoe84
      Rubbertoe84
      Bronze
      thanks, i´ve noticed there isnt a specific chart for sb defence, how would you go about this? A lot of times the button limps and the chart says fold anythig under QJo but i feel certain hands like KTo K9o or Qto are playable against such week opponents, i´m just not sure if this is +ev in the long run
    • Ejeckt
      Ejeckt
      Bronze
      They may be playable against weak opponents... if you have position. The problem with playing from the SB is that you'll be OOP for the whole hand.
    • Rubbertoe84
      Rubbertoe84
      Bronze
      a player limping from the button is usually week,if i can isolate and play the pot hu it should be possible even if oop
    • ciRith
      ciRith
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Rubbertoe84
      thanks, i´ve noticed there isnt a specific chart for sb defence, how would you go about this? A lot of times the button limps and the chart says fold anythig under QJo but i feel certain hands like KTo K9o or Qto are playable against such week opponents, i´m just not sure if this is +ev in the long run
      SB defence is often either 3-bet or fold so there is no extra chart needed. :)
      You can use the bronze chart for completing if you hand isn't strong enough for a 3-bet.