Let's make some moneys! NL10 BSS

• MikeB570
      About me

I'm a first year computer science major in college. I started playing poker in May of this year on Full Tilt. I was a consistent loser until I found this site. I signed up with Pokerstars through here and have been a fairly consistent winner at ring games and SNGs. I'm not that interesting so let's get to the good stuff.

I'm doing this blog because I think it'll help me avoid tilting since I know I'll have to write about it and post my stupid hands and to track my progress.

Here is what I've done already:

SNG's + MTT's

Current Bankroll : $617

Short term
      [ ] Maintain a good winrate at NL10 (currently 15.8bb/100 :f_biggrin: )
      [ ] Loosen up range (Currently running 10.6/7 ?( )
      [ ] Play more (or less?) tables while maintaining winrate (currently playing about 10-12)
      [ ] Read more articles/Watch videos
      [ ] Start posting hands on forums
      [ ] Move up to NL25 (I'm going to do it at $750)

Long term
      [ ] Move up up up up
      [ ] Shorthand maybe?
      [ ] Play less tables.......then more tables again lol
      [ ] ?????
      [ ] Pay for college (a lot of $$$)
      [ ] Profit :f_cool:

1.) It seems like after about an hour or so all of the tables with good Avg. pot and plrs/flop totally die. Do you guys replace tables while playing or do you just drop them all and pick new ones? I like to play sessions longer than an hour and either seems like a waste of time.

2.) What can I do to loosen up more? I'm really not calling that many raises (except for PPs), mostly 3 betting or folding. What kind of range should I play for calling? I'm comfortable playing a pretty wide range from late position but middle position I'm pretty lost. A lot of times I get called OOP with a mediocre hand. I'm a lot more comfortable being the aggressor than not.

Soooo. Sorry about this probably not being a bit entertaining, I'm not a very funny guy. It's mostly for my own use like I stated above, feel free to post comments/suggestions. I appreciate any feedback even if it's harsh.

I'm about to play a 1-2 hour session right now, I'll post any interesting hands and review it after.
  • 3 replies
    • TheBrood
      1. I recommend you switch tables. I recently stopped doing that though, unless it gets full of good regs.

2. Try to be in position and w/initiative with mediocre hands. Dont cbet stations. Dont call down 3 streets vs nits.
    • MikeB570
      Alright. Won $20 in 800 hands at 25bb/100. Pretty happy with my play. Here's a few hands

For some reason my HUD wasn't showing him so no stats. I timebanked and came to the conclusion he probably wouldn't do this with a set. So I called, what do you think?

Hero (UTG) ($16.35)
      UTG+1 ($20.50)
      MP1 ($9.15)
      MP2 ($24.15)
      MP3 ($5.25)
      CO ($10)
      Button ($10)
      SB ($10.50)
      BB ($5.35)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A:diamond: , K:diamond:
      Hero bets $0.40, 3 folds, MP3 calls $0.40, 4 folds

Flop: ($0.95) 3:heart: , A:spade: , 5:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.60, MP3 raises to $4.70, Hero ?

This is probably more obvious than it seemed at the time, or maybe I'm being result oriented. I'm just asking because I had another guy do that with trip 4's on a 446 board. I called a whole stack off with QQ because I though he might have a smaller overpair most of the time but....yea.

That was the only weird thing, everything was pretty standard. Everyone is very passive except for the regs. I opened up a lot more from late position and isolated limpers with weaker hands than I was before. Still only ran 12/9 over these 800 hands but I think that's a start to widening up my range.
    • MikeB570
      Rocky session, was up $17, then lost an all in on the turn with set under set :f_cry:

Then there's this guy. So this is what happened before (and the only info i have on the guy)

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (9 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

Hero (MP3) ($10)
      CO ($2)
      Button ($9.05)
      SB ($9.80)
      BB ($9.30)
      UTG ($14.20)
      UTG+1 ($10)
      MP1 ($12.45)
      MP2 ($2)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with A:diamond: , A:spade:
      UTG calls $0.10, 3 folds, Hero bets $0.50, CO raises to $2 (All-In), Button raises to $9.05 (All-In), 3 folds, Hero calls $8.55

Flop: ($20.35) 3:club: , 7:spade: , A:club: (3 players, 2 all-in)

Turn: ($20.35) 5:diamond: (3 players, 2 all-in)

River: ($20.35) J:diamond: (3 players, 2 all-in)

Total pot: $20.35 | Rake: $1

EDIT: Button shows pair of tens

Then this hand happened with the same guy. Is this standard or what? 150 BB's effective

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (8 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

Hero (MP2) ($20.15)
      CO ($2)
      Button ($15.40)
      SB ($9.35)
      BB ($9.15)
      UTG ($13.95)
      UTG+1 ($10.30)
      MP1 ($8.75)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with J:diamond: , J:club:
      3 folds, Hero bets $0.40, 1 fold, Button calls $0.40, 2 folds

Flop: ($0.95) 8:heart: , 3:club: , J:heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.60, Button calls $0.60

Turn: ($2.15) A:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.40, Button calls $1.40

River: ($4.95) 6:heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $2.50, Button raises to $13 (All-In), Hero folds

Total pot: $9.95 | Rake: $0.45