This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] 89 nl25 sh

• Macias09
      Macias09
      Bronze
      Party Poker $25 No Limit Hold'em - 5 players - View hand 284772
      The Official DeucesCracked.com Hand History Converter

Hero (UTG): $37.19
      CO: $14.66
      BTN: $39.82
      SB: $1.38
      BB: $20.16

Pre Flop: ($0.37) Hero is UTG with 8 :heart: 9 :heart:
      Hero raises to $0.87, 1 fold, BTN calls $0.87, 1 fold, BB calls $0.62

Flop: ($2.73) A :club: 8 :diamond: Q :club: (3 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks, BTN checks

Turn: ($2.73) 9 :diamond: (3 players)
      BB bets $2.73, Hero calls $2.73, BTN folds

River: ($8.19) Q :diamond: (2 players)
      BB bets $4.09, Hero folds

v: 47/7/1.9/268hands 3B 2 FCB58

cbet this flop? They don't fold that much to cbets.
      as played raise turn or just call? I I raise I would havte to get it in and I'm not that comfortable with only bottom 2 pairs.
  • 5 replies
    • maya1984
      maya1984
      Bronze
      I'd check this flop too. turn is raise go broke spot to me with 2pair 80BB deep, I'd expect to be ahead there often enough to make it profitable.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

C-betting for value is likely too thin even tho you'll probably have the best hand a decent amount and they'll peel with enough gutshots/flushdraws. Since you don't have much fold equity either if you're beat because they won't fold Qx Ax, i think checking is the safest approach in that spot.

With two flushdraws and possibly straightdraws out there the turn is also a raise/broke spot for me. We'll see AQ/JT sometimes but it's unlikely they're folding Ax or a flushdraw, so there is still a ton of value to be had.

As played on the river i'm calling, i don't really see a reason for that guy to suddenly pot a Q on the turn while there is an A on board, so i'd stay he has Ax or JT more often than Qx. Both hands could make that smallish half pot river bet on a somewhat scary card introducing a flush as well as trips, so i'd call expecting to say a top pair often enough.

Hope it helps.
    • maya1984
      maya1984
      Bronze
      Originally posted by tamairlarace
      As played on the river i'm calling, i don't really see a reason for that guy to suddenly pot a Q on the turn while there is an A on board, so i'd stay he has Ax or JT more often than Qx. Both hands could make that smallish half pot river bet on a somewhat scary card introducing a flush as well as trips, so i'd call expecting to say a top pair often enough.
      Ax has us beat...
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Hi,

C-betting for value is likely too thin even tho you'll probably have the best hand a decent amount and they'll peel with enough gutshots/flushdraws. Since you don't have much fold equity either if you're beat because they won't fold Qx Ax, i think checking is the safest approach in that spot.

With two flushdraws and possibly straightdraws out there the turn is also a raise/broke spot for me. We'll see AQ/JT sometimes but it's unlikely they're folding Ax or a flushdraw, so there is still a ton of value to be had.

Hope it helps.
      different playing styles, but I´m c-betting that board, since I can barrel if I want and if they´re playing too loose then likely they can´t call me down if I decide to 3-barrel there
      Also I get river of some lower pp-s and maybe some K/J high hands
      agree raisng on the turn, river should be fold, since we only beat some straigth and flushdraws
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Originally posted by maya1984
      Ax has us beat...
      Sure, dunno what i was i was thinking, fold that river and laugh at me :)

Hope it helps.