[NL2-NL10] SSS - AQo on SB

• swissmoumout
      swissmoumout
      Bronze
      Hi,
      I just played this hand, could you please criticize me? ;)

0.05/0.10 No-Limit Hold'em (7 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.7 by www.pokerstrategy.cc.

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q:diamond: , A:spade:
      4 folds, BU raises to $0.20, Hero calls $0.15, BB calls $0.10.

Flop: ($0.60) Q:spade: , 8:heart: , 6:heart: (3 players)
      Hero bets $0.20, BB calls $0.20, BU raises to $1.00, Hero raises to $1.04 (All-In), BB calls $0.84, BU calls $0.04.

Turn: ($3.72) 7:spade: (2 players)
      BB checks, BU bets $2.10 (All-In), BB calls $2.10.

River: ($7.92) 9:club:

Final Pot: $7.92

Should I have re-raised here? I thought BU could be stealing the blinds, but I just called... Also, is a push correct on the flop?
      Thanks

EDIT: Oh by the way, he was stealing (86o hit 2 pair...)
      And off-topic question: How do i keep the showdown "report" in Grab'em?
  • 5 replies
    • JayGatsby
      JayGatsby
      Coach
      Coach
      If I get it right you are playin SSS.

Easy reraise Preflop!

As played Ai on Flop is fine.

Btw. never post results, people wanna think about the hand neutrally without being blinded by resulsts.
    • swissmoumout
      swissmoumout
      Bronze
      oh ok, thanks for your help :)
    • aciddrop
      aciddrop
      Bronze
      A point from the SSS SHC, AQ is not a reraise hand. So strictly, this is a fold preflop.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      BU could steal, so I would re-raise pre-flop AQ 0,60 and make contibet on the flop. Against all-in I would fold pre-flop
    • drunkenJedi
      drunkenJedi
      Bronze
      Usually you have to fold AQ to a raise but since it's an open raise from the button it's an easy reraise.
      Calling is definitely wrong here since you don't want him to see the flop cheaply with a hand like suited connectors or a small pocket pair. Plus, since you will be OOP postflop, you are in a tough spot if you don't hit top pair and you will probably have to fold to his c-bet.

After calling, you hit a very good flop, giving you TPTK. Since you can pretty much count on your opponent to fire a c-bet, you should go for a check-raise instead of a donkbet. Thus, if your opponent does not have a strong hand, you at least get his bet (times two if BB also calls), if he folds to your donk you gain nothing but the preflop pot.