Going all-in with AK in early-mid stages

• EgidijusR
      EgidijusR
      Bronze
      I don't know how to use ICM or pokerstove correctly, so don't know is it profitable to go all-in with AK in mid-early stages. For example today i raised other guy 100t$ raise to 400t$, after my raise he went all-in. I still had about 600t$ left. Should I go all-in or simply fold in situation like this. Starting hand chart says that i should go all-in, but I lost in situation like that about for 5 times in a row against small pocket pairs. I'm sure this is a premium hand for late stage, but how to play this hand in early stage?
  • 4 replies
    • LgWz
      LgWz
      Black
      The best you can do is to post the hands you're unsure of in the evaluation hand forum.
    • lennonac
      lennonac
      Global
      If you have 10 big blinds or less, never ever raise only go all in...unless you are trapping an aggressive player.

AK with 10 BB is like gold, shove it and puch the air in delight!

Do not worry about the outcome too much, this is where most poker players end up on tilt. Just know you made the right move regardless of how it turned out this time.

But please learn why you should be doing it not just because someone told you to :)

Check out my blogg if you are a keen SNGER like me...Lennonac's sng's
    • evertonroar
      evertonroar
      Bronze
      "If you have 10 big blinds or less, never ever raise only go all in...unless you are trapping an aggressive player."

That is what i love about poker. the whole game is situations like:

never ever ever do this.. unless....
    • lennonac
      lennonac
      Global
      Originally posted by evertonroar
      "If you have 10 big blinds or less, never ever raise only go all in...unless you are trapping an aggressive player."

That is what i love about poker. the whole game is situations like:

never ever ever do this.. unless....
      You are dead right, the answer to any poker question is "It depends"

Thats why why love it isnt it? Poker is an extreamly complicated game