dammmmnnnn

• 5 replies
    • jxb1977
      jxb1977
      Bronze
      The only thing i would do different is raise pre-flop. Once the flop comes down i think its a bit of a cooler, you just got unlucky.

Hope this helps!!

James
    • Djvandal
      Djvandal
      Bronze
      you could have thought you were up against better kicker but nothing really fits except that the bb got a free ride so he could be damn near any 2

i think though that if you start folding sets though when your kicker has decent strangth is -ev in the long run id say its just part of poker the only part of the hand i feel you "could" have changed the outcome at is pre flop raise as you were opening the pot and it "might" have forced him off his hand i say might be cause probly not

these hands happen though thats poker
    • mmanchev
      mmanchev
      Bronze
      Hey mate. Let me share what i think here:

1. If you want to learn this damn game you should start asking yourself a question: what do I want to do with my hole cards?
      - why did you limp with the 9Ts? If you flop a straight or flush and you cbet there is a great chance for opp (if he thinks) to fold so you will get 25c pot
      - in that case you should raise to try and win the 15c from BB and SB preflop instead of seeing the flop which may get you into trouble.
      - Remember this (it helped me a lot): If you commit yourself "all in" in a limped pot without having the best hand, you are doing something wrong!!!

2. When you raise you are eliminating a lot of crap the opponent might have + you are in position.

3. If you have raised and get called you can start thinking about ranges and what the opp could have. Believe me without thinking in hand ranges you cannot beat the limit (I was struggling on NL10 for quite a long time). Here it also depends on your opp: how many hands he plays, is he aggressive/passive, what hands he likes to call raises with etc.

4. You are playing this hand very passively, why are you calling his overbets and decide to push AI on the river? Your opponent over bets the flop 4 pots. This should start ringing a bell if you have monitored how he plays. Why does he overbet? Is he bluffing to push you out or he is a complete moron who has no idea how to take money from his opps with his big hands?

In the way this hand was played I would say you were unlucky but with the limp you have actually isolated yourself against ANYTHING!

I would play it like this (still depends on the opponent a lot):

Raise PF: 3.5-4 BBs
      Reraise F: 3 times his bet/ fold on push (you would still keep 7 bucks of your stack)
      Fold turn in case he calls and continues with his aggression.

Again this depends on opponents so you should be watching them, putting notes, thinking in ranges and it will work one day or another ;) Good luck on the tables!
    • h50n
      h50n
      Bronze
      thanks for the advice dude, at the time i was playng 3 tables and wasnt pay attention, i think i should probably reduce it to one or two for now
    • kingdippy2008
      kingdippy2008
      Bronze
      Hello h50n,

Please note that we have seperate hand evaluation boards where you can get your hands evaluated by a professional judge.

http://www.pokerstrategy.com/forum/board.php?boardid=1387

Best regards,

-Jack