When to commit 100BB to AK/QQ/JJ?

• altruist
      altruist
      Bronze
      I don't really understand how to play QQ, JJ, and AK with 100BB. (short handed)

With AK, say one person raises to 4x (both with about 100BB behind), then another just calls, do I re-raise?

Say I do, from his 4x to about 12x (since there's a limper) and he makes it 30-50x. What do I do then? Even knowing his PFR range doesn't really help me here as his PFR range is likely to differ from his 4 bet range.

Say he had a PFR percentage of 25%, his 3bet percentage could still greatly differ (and without at least several hundred hands, it's hard to get an accurate 3bet percentage.. and I seem to almost never get this many hands on people)

What if I had JJ or QQ in this situation?

Say there's 3 limpers, all with about 50/0/4 stats.

I'm SB with JJ. I raise it to 7BB. (say everyone had 80BB+) Guy in EP raises it to 20BB. One limper calls, the other guy folds. What do I do here? What would I do here if I had QQ?

And if the correct move is to call, what do I do if the flop comes all low cards?
  • 10 replies
    • altruist
      altruist
      Bronze
      Just noticed the AK quiz. Very good information on how to play AK..

Just need a JJ guide now.
    • jonnyjm
      jonnyjm
      Bronze
      Originally posted by altruist
      Just noticed the AK quiz. Very good information on how to play AK..

Just need a JJ guide now.
      Play JJ the same as 10-10 maybe 9-9 ;)
    • feedfest
      feedfest
      Bronze
      Originally posted by altruist
      I don't really understand how to play QQ, JJ, and AK with 100BB. (short handed)

With AK, say one person raises to 4x (both with about 100BB behind), then another just calls, do I re-raise?

Say I do, from his 4x to about 12x (since there's a limper) and he makes it 30-50x. What do I do then? Even knowing his PFR range doesn't really help me here as his PFR range is likely to differ from his 4 bet range.

Say he had a PFR percentage of 25%, his 3bet percentage could still greatly differ (and without at least several hundred hands, it's hard to get an accurate 3bet percentage.. and I seem to almost never get this many hands on people)

What if I had JJ or QQ in this situation?

Say there's 3 limpers, all with about 50/0/4 stats.

I'm SB with JJ. I raise it to 7BB. (say everyone had 80BB+) Guy in EP raises it to 20BB. One limper calls, the other guy folds. What do I do here? What would I do here if I had QQ?

And if the correct move is to call, what do I do if the flop comes all low cards?
      the answer is: if you are playing with me, and I have AA, you should shove JJ. You are guaranteed to spike one on the flop
    • Jackalof
      Jackalof
      Bronze
      the answer is: if you are playing with me, and I have AA, you should shove JJ. You are guaranteed to spike one on the flop

How do we know that you have aces? :f_cry:
    • Cpwpoker
      Cpwpoker
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Jackalof

How do we know that you have aces? :f_cry:
      When it took him 0.01 Sec to shove your re-raised xD

Basic play for JJ -

If you are first to enter the pot raise 4 BB JJ.

If some1 called before your raise 4BB + 1 / limper

If some1 raised before you call if he has 20x the raised and you have enough to stack him.Hit J on board stacked him else fold to any raise.
    • Dragar
      Dragar
      Bronze
      Ak is all-in vs most opponents pre-flop for 100bb

JJ is 3-bet or call 3-bet. No need to inflate pot with that.. definite fold to 4-bet
    • feedfest
      feedfest
      Bronze
      oh i always have the aces
      i'm just nice and fold them sometimes to let other people win
    • cactusbob
      cactusbob
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Dragar
      Maybe at 2NL or 5NL this is true, but any higher than that the average player is only stacking off 100BB with QQ+ (if that), giving us about 40% equity.
    • Dragar
      Dragar
      Bronze
      Originally posted by cactusbob
      Originally posted by Dragar
      Maybe at 2NL or 5NL this is true, but any higher than that the average player is only stacking off 100BB with QQ+ (if that), giving us about 40% equity.
      No this is true for NL50 and so on. Nl2 and 5 I am not sure.

Reason is that if we hold AK chances are that villain has AA or KK is low and more likely that he has QQ or JJ. If we push over his 3-bet it creates tons of FE. Villain might fold QQ or AK after 3-betting it etc.

Besides 40% EQ is enough to make the call after 4-bet. So its always all-in for 100bb
    • cactusbob
      cactusbob
      Bronze
      Lol, I just noticed OP is talking about SH games. disregard my previous post. I agree with Dragar