This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Bankroll management

• sharkies
      sharkies
      Bronze
      Hi, poker buddies!

I have fallen from my $50 starting capital to aprox. $18. Could anyone give me an advice, which level I should play with it?
      I play actually NL04 (0.02/0.04), but I actually don't have 30x buy-in. I play on Titan Poker room, where $1 is minimal buy-in anyway. Should I go level-down, when I always have to buy-in with $1 or should I stay at this level?

Thanks for your advice ...
  • 3 replies
    • lozz08
      lozz08
      Bronze
      Did you lose your money playing that limit? Or have you just started on this limit? I suggest playing NL2 at the moment. But if you've lost that money playing NL4, you'll really have to start reading some strategy articles.
    • sharkies
      sharkies
      Bronze
      I have read all the basic articles. I used to play FL10 as suggested, but played bad. Some time ago I moved to NL4 and stay with my money, not loosing much but not winning either.
      Now I play NL4 trying to get some money back and to move up slowly. I am afraid that I will loose a lot of money on NL2 when I have to buy-in with $1. This could loose a lot while all-in.
    • Tampaloeres81
      Tampaloeres81
      Bronze
      Hi,

Read the NL BSS articles. Then play NL2 BSS with 9 BI's. Play tight and not so many low SC's and use 3xbb first in raises instead of 4xbb and you will be ok :) . People on NL2 will call 3xbb but not so quick 4xbb ;) Try to avoid variance by not going all in without a trully strong hand.

I have build my BR about the same way but then on NL5 with only 7 BI's...

Good luck