Raising or 3betting flop IP for freecard

• Ejeckt
      Ejeckt
      Bronze
      Is this a move that is ever used? I can't remember if it was covered in any articles, but I am looking through them now, for an answer...

Question being, when do you raise (a donkbet) or 3b (a c/r), IP & Heads Up, and then check behind on the turn?
  • 4 replies
    • DarthBobo
      DarthBobo
      Bronze
      I find I make this move randomly whenever I feel like it. So I'm just making this post so I remember to check it back later :)
    • ciRith
      ciRith
      Bronze
      Hi Ejeckt,

I think I read something about it but it may be outdated and removed. The problem with it is that you almost never raise the flop in position so good opponents know that you are weak.
      You probably think the same when someone is raising you and you react with a 3-bet very often whenever you hold a made hand.
    • Ejeckt
      Ejeckt
      Bronze
      That clears things up. Thanks cirith =)
    • adr0001
      adr0001
      Bronze
      Something I've found on another forum:

"The free card play seems to be kind of dead. I'd say the only opponents I use it against are tight, nitty type players. A 21/15 guy by whom I'm not worried about being 3-bet on the flop. I know he has a range that's not likely to fold, so I'll take a free card at my draw and fold if it misses."