no limit heads up

• stumpy68
      stumpy68
      Bronze
      Hi everyone. Just wondering what a good winrate playing heads up is?
      I just started playing heads up (40000 hands) with a winrate of 18ptbb/100.Is this a sustainable or winrate or just a good run of cards?
      I realize its not a huge sample of hands but I really don't thinkI've been
      having that good a run of cards. Seems to me there be alot of crying :f_mad: that are really terrible. Thanks for the help in advance of my question.
  • 2 replies
    • noclaninator
      noclaninator
      Bronze
      Yes, it's definitely possible to have a higher win rate. It just makes more sense, if you can play more hands then you can win more money. I'm not sure how high of a win rate is possible in heads up but with all the dumb morons putting their entire bankroll on NL50, I wouldn't be surprised in the least if you could maintain a win rate close to as much as you have been winning. Variance hurts a lot in heads up though and know that that phase is coming eventually.
    • stumpy68
      stumpy68
      Bronze
      Thanks for your reply noclaninator. I know about the variance as Ive had a few sessions being down some stacks on a donkey. Totally out played him yet still lost. Im pretty good with not going on tilt so I left knowing he sucked out and I would get him next time.
      Is a good sample size for a true winrate still 100k hands or is it more?
      Im thinking about making heads up my main game as I find it alot easier to exploit oppenents and put them on tilt.
      Just wondering to if anyone can tell me a few good heads up books or articles to read?