This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] AKo - FD + OC's ip

• TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      MP2:
      $53.60
      Hero:
      $66.49

0.25/0.5 No-Limit Hold'em (10 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with A:heart: , K:diamond:
      4 folds, MP2 raises to $1.50, Hero raises to $4.50, 4 folds, MP2 calls $3.00.

Flop: ($9.75) 7:heart: , 5:heart: , 7:spade: (2 players)
      MP2 checks, Hero bets $6.50, MP2 calls $6.50.

Turn: ($22.75) 2:heart: (2 players)
      MP2 bets $11.37, Hero calls $11.37.

River: ($45.49) T:spade: (2 players)
      MP2 checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: $45.49

I call turn with good odds for flush + OC's. I wanted to shove river but he seemed a bit tricky and pot was too big already.
  • 3 replies
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

I doubt overcards outs are good by the turn, his halfpot donk is likely either a hand that crushes top pair or some kind of pocket pairs he decided to turn into a cheapish bluff on the flush card, so i'd say you're more likely down to 9 outs on a paired board possibly against a made flush, which discounted doesn't amount to much with just one card to come. I'd give it up.

As played on the river he indeed seems like the type to c/c there something like 7x or a lowish flush so i wouldn't shove laying him 2.5:1 either, even tho i don't expect to ever be good at showdown really. Really hard to give credit to a 15/10/1.6 for floating air in a 3bet pot just to bluff flushing turns unless you've seen him do it.

Hope it helps.
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      As this is 10-handed, I don't think he calls a 3bet oop with sc or 7x. 55 is very rare in this spot, leaving a medium pp, hence my call on the turn and my wanting to shove river.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by TheBrood
      As this is 10-handed, I don't think he calls a 3bet oop with sc or 7x. 55 is very rare in this spot, leaving a medium pp, hence my call on the turn and my wanting to shove river.
      I think call is fine on the turn, since he should do that with also some pp-s
      I think you should shove river, since he is shoving flush/boats/7x himself and I think he should be c/f most of his medium pp-s