Poker Capital for Americans?

• 1337MMAer
      1337MMAer
      Basic
      The quiz thing says you get 50 credit for free, but it says you must not be an American. I am American, but can I still just say I am not on the check box and receive the free 50?
  • 5 replies
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      Hello 1337MMAer,

I am sorry to say that at the moment we cannot transfer starting capital to players from the U.S. due to the current legal situation in your country. This is why you needed to indicate that you are not from the USA when you registered.

If and when the legal situation in the USA changes we hope to also accept US players - but until then there is nothing we can do.

Lying on the checkbox will not help you receive the starting capital.

Best regards
      SoyCD
    • 1337MMAer
      1337MMAer
      Basic
      That sucks. Thanks though.
    • Kimber88
      Kimber88
      Bronze
      Could an American join PokerStrategy and sign up through one of the affiliate links and earn Strategy Points? Just without recieving the $50?

Just wondering.
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Kimber88
      Could an American join PokerStrategy and sign up through one of the affiliate links and earn Strategy Points? Just without recieving the $50?

Just wondering.
      Hiya mate,

Answered in this thread, sorry didn't want to copy/paste again. Nothing physically stopping them, but could cause problems/issues later on. PokerStrategy actively discourage it at the moment until such time the legal framework changes.

Best regards,

Bart
    • Kimber88
      Kimber88
      Bronze
      Thanks Bart :)