[NL2-NL10] NL10 - AKo flop all-in.

• Jdz
      Jdz
      Bronze
      Cake Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (8 handed)
      UTG+1 ($11.76)
      MP1 ($9.94)
      MP2 ($1.85)
      CO ($1.88)
      Hero (Button) ($2.26)
      SB ($12)
      BB ($4)
      UTG ($5.90)

Preflop: Hero is Button with A:heart: , K:spade:
      UTG calls $0.10, 4 folds, Hero bets $0.40, 1 fold, BB calls $0.30, UTG calls $0.30

Flop: ($1.25) 9:heart: , 3:spade: , 5:club: (3 players)
      BB checks, UTG checks, Hero raises to $1.86 (All-In), 2 folds

Total pot: $1.25
      Two callers, two check, all in.

Was this an okay flop to move it in?
  • 5 replies
    • Tampaloeres81
      Tampaloeres81
      Bronze
      Hi,

Preflop: Do you always raise only 3xBB from CO and BU? then your preflop raise of 4xBB was ok. Otherwise raise 5xBB because of the limper.

Flop: Check behind here. You don't have a made hand and we don't bluff against two opponents. HU you would have bet ~$80 here.

Basicly play c/f here until a A or K falls.
    • Jdz
      Jdz
      Bronze
      Forgot to include the limper that time.

Otherwise, concur that checking would have been the better option.

Live and learn?

:f_p:
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      Hey Jdz,

Hi,

Preflop: Do you always raise only 3xBB from CO and BU? then your preflop raise of 4xBB was ok. Otherwise raise 5xBB because of the limper.

Flop: Check behind here. You don't have a made hand and we don't bluff against two opponents. HU you would have bet ~$80 here. Basicly play c/f here until a A or K falls.

This.

Don't bluff against more than one opponent because fold equity is decreased and check behind in hope of hitting A or K on later streets.

Regards,
      burek2000
    • slowshow
      slowshow
      Bronze
      Well i bluff against 2 opponents in this type of scenario if they are by HUD readings high vpip maniacs(rise/bet with 23o and similar trash hands) or calling stations(which can be dangerous since they silently limp till showdown with made fullhouse or AA etc). I definetly would check/fold someone who's HUD readings would make ANY sense(vpip lower than 40).

Is my idea right? :f_confused:
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      Originally posted by slowshow
      Well i bluff against 2 opponents in this type of scenario if they are by HUD readings high vpip maniacs(rise/bet with 23o and similar trash hands) or calling stations(which can be dangerous since they silently limp till showdown with made fullhouse or AA etc). I definetly would check/fold someone who's HUD readings would make ANY sense(vpip lower than 40).

Is my idea right? :f_confused:
      Hey,

if both opponents had very loose cold calling range(40%+), not just VPIP then shoving AK on the flop would be profitable according to some advanced calculations, but since you probably can't put villains on correct calling range it's better to just take the standard line which is c/f until improved to made hand, because when you face 2 opponents it's more likely at least one of them has hit the board and against a pair you don't have the needed equity to shove and such loose players won't be able to fold any pair on this board imo.

Regards,
      burek2000