Strategy Points for PokerStrategy Shop Items

• 20 replies
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      I think that's only possible in combination with ''getting platinum at least''' status or Gold.

This for rake purposes and to motivate players to play tracked and enjoy many many more benefits
    • GunFlavoured
      GunFlavoured
      Bronze
      Platinum status works for me ;)
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      I would definitely go for platinum if this was an option
    • wowadvisor
      wowadvisor
      Bronze
      yes i agree it sounds like an alright idea :s_cool:
    • ZhiCheng
      ZhiCheng
      Bronze
      Would be really great .. or they can give it away for free.. :P
    • Cpwpoker
      Cpwpoker
      Bronze
      There is one gift free xD !

When you reach diamond you get a free tshirt with your pokerstrategy taf link :D :D !

Lol it is a great idea but think pokerstrategy invest a lot in the strategy coaching site maintenance rake race freerolls etc so if they do this maybe they will not make enough profit to survive in the long run xD
    • RaWRpewpew
      RaWRpewpew
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Cpwpoker
      There is one gift free xD !

When you reach diamond you get a free tshirt with your pokerstrategy taf link :D :D !

Lol it is a great idea but think pokerstrategy invest a lot in the strategy coaching site maintenance rake race freerolls etc so if they do this maybe they will not make enough profit to survive in the long run xD
      Well it would be pretty awesome... if we could buy books and pokerstrat clothing with points. I'm not talking about alot just a little something extra material to go along with awesome support and good deals with our pokerrooms ;)

And we talking alot of points here... :P

EDIT : Also they can make it that if your gold+ or something your allowed to exchange points for a discount up to a certain maximum ;) So you would still be paying a percentage of the real price but it will be cheaper.

But you somehow need a system where people that already gain alot from PS to get slighty discounted in this. Like if you won $$ in rake races or free rolls you dont qualify that month. Something like that. If some1 is already getting alot out of PS then no need for anything extra. :s_biggrin:

/2 cents
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      Hey guys,

The StrategyPoints are used on a regular basis to keep your status & thus give access to educational material such as coachings, videos and articles. They are also used for the Elephant License, the BM status, and various promotions such as our monthly Rake Races and the Top250. Sometimes they also determine eligibility for things like second starting capitals.

As such the points you accumulate have already 'paid' for a lot of things along the way. Although the thought of being able to spend them in the shop is a nice one - it would blow the scope in terms of expenses - since the points are already being "spent" on so many other things.

I will of course pass on the feedback and things such as shop related milestones might actually be worth a thought (e.g. we have an Elephant milestone bonus, the Diamond T-shirt milestone etc.). I won't make any promises though.

Best regards
      SoyCD
    • Kimber88
      Kimber88
      Bronze
      Originally posted by SoyCD

I will of course pass on the feedback and things such as shop related milestones might actually be worth a thought (e.g. we have an Elephant milestone bonus, the Diamond T-shirt milestone etc.). I won't make any promises though.

Best regards
      SoyCD
      This would be cool :)

Apply some pressure SoyCD :s_love:
    • Xantos
      Xantos
      Bronze
      For gathering StrategyPoints, you get your status here at PokerStrategy.com - and through that, all services, promotions & content.

The only two exceptions from this rule are the Black Member Status and the Elephant. There will be no further exceptions.

This means: if there were no Black Member Status, there would not even be a point in counting the 'Lifetime' StrategyPoints.

Or would you go to a poker room saying: "Hey, I generated XXX Rake over my lifetime. I got my rewards from the ongoing rewards/VIP system - but I still think I should also get something for my lifetime achievement on top!"? ;)
    • RaWRpewpew
      RaWRpewpew
      Bronze
      I like the milestone reward idea..

The rake is quite big so every1 loves looking for ways to get more out of it. I would have definately stopped playing poker if I didnt join Pokerstrat.

So tired of rake eating like 6BB / 100 hands on micro stakes FTP. I would like to take advantage of all that pokerstrat has to offer but. For a player that lets say only makes about 500 PS points / month. am i gonna have to move up in the limits? :p
    • Xantos
      Xantos
      Bronze
      We think that the poker rooms / networks themselves should be responsible for monetary incentives - and if they decide to increase rakeback / VIP offers, we will be glad.

But you also have to put your rake cost into perspective: without paying rake, the poker rooms & their affiliates will have no money to bring in new players - and thus, the system would dry out.

PokerStrategy.com will always try to be the top affiliate not just as a poker school & community, but also in terms of monetary incentives - but we will not try to outbid other affiliates by far, because that would mean entering a price war that in the end is bad for everyone.
    • ihufa
      ihufa
      Gold
      Originally posted by Xantos

Or would you go to a poker room saying: "Hey, I generated XXX Rake over my lifetime. I got my rewards from the ongoing rewards/VIP system - but I still think I should also get something for my lifetime achievement on top!"? ;)
      i do that all the time but fulltilt isn't up for it
    • tac3znarf
      tac3znarf
      Bronze
      Can anyone tell me about the Diamond T-shirt milestone..

What are the conditions to qualify?
    • Xantos
      Xantos
      Bronze
      You just have to touch Diamond status at any time to qualify for the T-Shirt. It's a rather symbolic, but still nice, one :)
    • tac3znarf
      tac3znarf
      Bronze
      I am just 2679 ps points short to be diamond. So I am getting close to being there. Can you ship it here in the Philippines?
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Originally posted by tac3znarf
      I am just 2679 ps points short to be diamond. So I am getting close to being there. Can you ship it here in the Philippines?
      Hi tac3znarf,

I'm pretty sure that these items can be sent to virtually anywhere worldwide.

The Philippines appear in the list of countries on the shipping information page within the PokerStrategy shop.
      They will of course advise you if there is any problem at the time of purchase/or reaching diamond status in the case of special diamond t-shirts.

Best regards and good luck getting to Diamond :diamond: :)

Bart
    • Xantos
      Xantos
      Bronze
      Yep, Phillipines should not be a problem.

And for some issues, your location is even beneficial - Titan Poker do their security checks in Manila ;)
    • tac3znarf
      tac3znarf
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Xantos
      Yep, Phillipines should not be a problem.

And for some issues, your location is even beneficial - Titan Poker do their security checks in Manila ;)
      So this is the reason titan is not accepting players from our country, Philippines.