Adjusting Stud8 when table is Short

• KidPokersKid
      KidPokersKid
      Global
      How should we be changing our game when tables start to fall apart (eg. they get 3-5 handed )do we need to open our stealing range if so which hands do you like to add {is it bad to start raising hands with high cards in the window or with PP like 99+ because I assume we are ahead}... also the shorter the game gets does this also increase the value of high hands and decrease the value of low hands?

I have been doing pretty well at the 8max tables but having trouble when I was playing some 7game on 6max tables which weren't full
  • 1 reply
    • SalamiandCheese
      SalamiandCheese
      Bronze
      There are fewer antes going in preflop when it's shorthanded, making it less worthwhile to steal - this comes from some Skalansky I read somewhere. I think short-handed stud becomes a bit easier at the lower limits because it's easier to keep track of the door cards etc. and your opponents tendencies. Concentrate on playing the up cards and your opponents and think less of stealing situations is the way to go when short-handed. However, short-handed razz tends to be a total mess for a tag short-handed (you likely learned this already). :f_p: High only hands do come into play a bit more because there are fewer potential good low draws out there. If you start with a good high and catch good on the early streets and your opponent is struggling to make a low you're in good shape, but it can be tricky so be careful and get out early if your hand turns into trash.