Moneybookers review

• Jeero
      Jeero
      Bronze
      I am currently researching the best options for me to handle my fund transfers between poker sites and I'm not 100% happy with any of the methods I have come across. Moneybookers seems like the best option but I have read a lot of bad reviews on it. The general consensus seems to be that they have really bad customer service and a lot of people seem to have their accounts locked/frozen. It seems like withdrawing money is where a lot of people have problems.

Can I get some people's thoughts on Moneybookers? If I'm going to put so much money through this site I would like to have good customer service and not have to have any hassle when I want to withdraw my money. What are some good alternatives?

Thanks.
  • 13 replies
    • CoreySteel
      CoreySteel
      Bronze
      I never had locked account or frozen funds or any other problem...

1. Send them ID and proof of adress as soon as you register.
      2.1 Confirm your bank account
      2.2 Confirm your credit card
      3. Confirm your proof of residence. (by getting their letter by mail)

If you do this you won't have any problems at all!

Customer support isn't that good, that's true. But people are making mistake because they are contacting them by email and not via their in-site form.

If you do not send them IDs, you will have frozen funds eventually. 100%. This is why people are whining.
    • Jeero
      Jeero
      Bronze
      Ok, I created an account and requested the proof of residence letter, but I was not asked for anything else but a deposit.

Am I going to be asked to provide my ID/credit card info at a later time? My bank account will be confirmed when I make a transfer, but why do I need to confirm my credit card too? does that mean I need to deposit with my credit card also?

Thanks.
    • shivas80
      shivas80
      Bronze
      Credit card is for depositing/withdrawing to it. (if it is posible in your country/bank)

Credit card is INSTA :) Bank transfer takes few days i guess.

They will not especialy ask you to confirm your ID, tho you can do it, to increase limits and etc.
    • CoreySteel
      CoreySteel
      Bronze
      You can send them IDs by yourself.
      They will eventually ask for ID. And when they do, they will froze your funds until you send those documents.
    • Jeero
      Jeero
      Bronze
      Okay, thanks. I've requested the letter, I'll follow the instructions for that,... then I'll send them my info when I find out who to send it to. Thanks again CoreySteel and shivas80 for your help.
    • DonDur
      DonDur
      Silver
      Is it better to make the account in $ or €?

And another thing, I'm wondering what should I use for the proof of address?
      I made a bank account but I still don't have any transactions and I don't get bills on my own name so I don't know what's better, a bank statement or utility bill?

Do I have to register a credit card with the MB account or not?
      And if I have to, can I register a card that is not a credit card, but a card that is connected with my bank account, I think they're called debit cards?

Please someone help me, I just want to do this the right way so I don't get my MB account frozen or something...

thanks,
      DonDur
    • Berkstajger
      Berkstajger
      Bronze
      Originally posted by CoreySteel
      They will eventually ask for ID. And when they do, they will froze your funds until you send those documents.
      I had a conversation about that with their support and I was assured that a deposit from my personal bank account to them is enough for "normal" account but they could demand an ID if I wanted to increase my withdraw limits.

Other than that - I'm really satisfied with MB - FTP relation. They got some sort of money in advance agreement so I got my withdrawn money from FTP in couple of minutes which is really neet compared to one week on Pacific.

I also had one bad experience - MB demanded me to change my password (which is 14 characters random number-figure long) and while changing it apparently misstyped my original password and then neither old one nor new one would work so they they locked my account. Luckily I gave my true personal data when signing up so I just had to state my ZIP code and birth date and system let me in to change my password. I changed back to what it was before and everyone is happy now. :D
    • DonDur
      DonDur
      Silver
      Can you use maestro card on moneybookers?
      It's not on the list but but master card is, and I think they are very similar?
      If anybody knows anything about this please help?

Also, if anybody if using moneybookers only through a bank account, tell all about it...

thanks
    • wowadvisor
      wowadvisor
      Bronze
      my debit card is maestro and i deposited with it :s_cool:
    • DonDur
      DonDur
      Silver
      Originally posted by wowadvisor
      What did you select from the card type drop down menu?
      Maestro is not there?
      And when did you first deposit?

ty man
    • swissmoumout
      swissmoumout
      Bronze
      UK maestro cards (or at least some of them) can be used to pay for stuff online, unlike most others.

You can use moneybooker with just a bank account btw.
      Also, if you can't get a normal credit card, there's a good chance you can get a prepaid one. it works the same as a regular Mastercard, except you need to put money on it before paying. Also, you usually don't need a proof of income to get 'em.
    • wowadvisor
      wowadvisor
      Bronze
      Originally posted by DonDur
      Originally posted by wowadvisor
      What did you select from the card type drop down menu?
      Maestro is not there?
      And when did you first deposit?

ty man
      i selected laser card i think im irish
    • rearwindow50
      rearwindow50
      Bronze
      Had no problems with MB. Been using it for a year and half.

I have it linked to my bank account and that works a charm. Bank to MB transfers would normally take 3 days.

BTW i think Maestro cards only work in some countries? maybe i'm confusing it with something else.