This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] Nl25 Sh - AA on Thigh flop

• KidPokersKid
      KidPokersKid
      Global
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.25(BB) Full Tilt
      SB ($27.31)
      Hero ($26.94)
      UTG ($9.40)
      CO ($47.71)
      BTN ($17.38)

Dealt to Hero A:diamond: A:club:

UTG calls $0.25, CO calls $0.25, fold, fold, Hero raises to $1.25, UTG calls $1, CO calls $1

FLOP ($3.85) T:spade: 4:diamond: 2:spade:
      Hero bets $2.80, UTG folds, CO calls $2.80

TURN ($9.45) T:spade: 4:diamond: 2:spade: 5:heart:
      Hero checks, CO bets $9.45, Hero calls $9.45

RIVER ($28.35) T:spade: 4:diamond: 2:spade: 5:heart: T:diamond:
      Hero checks, CO bets $4, Hero calls $4

This guy wasnt the greatest player so I knew he wouldn't have a hand like AK, AQ, AA KK QQ JJ even TT because I assume he would've raised these hands...
      on the flop with him CC I put him on AT, KT, QT, overcards w/ FD or a small PP.
      on the turn I checked to get value from weaker hands and allow him to bluff which he did a few times in other hands ...with him betting pot I didn't think he had a set and more put him on a Ten but I also thought maybe he had a spade draw with an A,3 or 6
      and on the river with such a small bet if he had the Ten I was crushed anyways so I didnt see the point in raising and just called.

so when we have these kinds of bad and unpredictable players is it fine to turn to a passive line in order to induce bluffs and let them bet their top pair type hands
  • 2 replies
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      I would c/RAI Turn. He calls you with a draw that pays you off and with Tx.
      You do not want to see a 3rd spade on the River by c/c Turn since u are committed anyway from the point u c/c Turn

Therefore you want to have value from draws and the only time you get value from those (FDs) is on the Turn

- Gerv
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Gerv
      I would c/RAI Turn. He calls you with a draw that pays you off and with Tx.
      You do not want to see a 3rd spade on the River by c/c Turn since u are committed anyway from the point u c/c Turn

Therefore you want to have value from draws and the only time you get value from those (FDs) is on the Turn

- Gerv
      +1if you´re going to check I also like c/rai more than c/c