Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.25(BB) Full Tilt
      SB ($27.31)
      Hero ($26.94)
      UTG ($9.40)
      CO ($47.71)
      BTN ($17.38)

Dealt to Hero A:diamond: A:club:

UTG calls $0.25, CO calls $0.25, fold, fold, Hero raises to $1.25, UTG calls $1, CO calls $1

FLOP ($3.85) T:spade: 4:diamond: 2:spade:
      Hero bets $2.80, UTG folds, CO calls $2.80

TURN ($9.45) T:spade: 4:diamond: 2:spade: 5:heart:
      Hero checks, CO bets $9.45, Hero calls $9.45

RIVER ($28.35) T:spade: 4:diamond: 2:spade: 5:heart: T:diamond:
      Hero checks, CO bets $4, Hero calls $4

This guy wasnt the greatest player so I knew he wouldn't have a hand like AK, AQ, AA KK QQ JJ even TT because I assume he would've raised these hands...
      on the flop with him CC I put him on AT, KT, QT, overcards w/ FD or a small PP.
      on the turn I checked to get value from weaker hands and allow him to bluff which he did a few times in other hands ...with him betting pot I didn't think he had a set and more put him on a Ten but I also thought maybe he had a spade draw with an A,3 or 6
      and on the river with such a small bet if he had the Ten I was crushed anyways so I didnt see the point in raising and just called.

so when we have these kinds of bad and unpredictable players is it fine to turn to a passive line in order to induce bluffs and let them bet their top pair type hands
  • 2 replies
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      I would c/RAI Turn. He calls you with a draw that pays you off and with Tx.
      You do not want to see a 3rd spade on the River by c/c Turn since u are committed anyway from the point u c/c Turn

Therefore you want to have value from draws and the only time you get value from those (FDs) is on the Turn

- Gerv
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Gerv
      I would c/RAI Turn. He calls you with a draw that pays you off and with Tx.
      You do not want to see a 3rd spade on the River by c/c Turn since u are committed anyway from the point u c/c Turn

Therefore you want to have value from draws and the only time you get value from those (FDs) is on the Turn

- Gerv
      +1if you´re going to check I also like c/rai more than c/c