[NL2-NL10] NL10 SH: Suited connector (nice or...rofl?)

• cath2034
      cath2034
      Bronze
      Hi,

This is a hand that I tought i played well... If you can give me your opinion that would be nice. Thx :heart:

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $10,00
      CO:
      $24,15
      BU:
      $6,15

0,05/0,1 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.69 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with J:heart: , Q:heart:
      Hero raises to $0,40, CO calls $0,40, BU calls $0,40, 2 folds.

I raise with QJs because is a good potential hand.

Flop: ($1,35) 9:heart: , 5:heart: , K:diamond: (3 players)
      Hero bets $0,80, CO folds, BU raises to $1,60, Hero calls $0,80.

Normal ctb on the flop. I have a flush draw plus a gutshot so it's not that bad.

Turn: ($4,55) 6:heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU checks.

On the turn I have the flush. I was hesitating between a donkbet or a check-raise. I choose to c/r.

River: ($4,55) T:club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $2,00, BU raises to $4,15 (All-In), Hero calls $2,15.

I bet a little less than half the pot and going broke if he goes all-in.

Final Pot: $12,85

Feel free to say anything. I'm here to improve myself.
  • 2 replies
    • SheepMoose
      SheepMoose
      Bronze
      Played fine. Bet sizing could be improved, I'd bet ~$1 on the flop to make it easier to get our stack in on further streets.
      The check/raise was a good idea on the turn, check calling would be good for deception against maniacs.
      And I'd be overbet jamming the river but your line is perfectly played.
      NH.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

As outlined by SheepMoose it's good to have plan going into postflop play. Here you have a guy with about 55bb left, which means you can get the money in in two streets without overbetting if you choose your betsizing carefully. Betting around 1$ and shoving the turn against a guy who appears loose so far (as in "unlikely to fold Kx") is likely the most straightforward way to play your hand.

Hard to say which line is best on the turn given how little we know about BU at this point, and since he only has a potsized bet left already we don't really have to worry about bloating the pot so much, so i don't mind the c/raise line either. When he checks back the turn just shove the river, your line looks funky and he'll likely call with the same range as when you bet halfpot.

Hope it helps.