two basic questions to sss

• lancelotdulac
      lancelotdulac
      Bronze
      hey folks,

i've just read the sss beginner articles, everything straightforward, however, two things are unclear to me:

1) the after-flop section says "Only play OESDs and flush draws when you raised before the flop". This seems quite nonsensical since you wouldn't be in for the flop if you hadn't raised pre-flop. The strategy says don't call, either fold or raise... so i presume you will always play oesds and flush draws on the flop, right?

2) in the same section, i read "Whenever you have a hand like top pair or an overpair, or anything better, such as three-of-a-kind or a straight, you bet." two-pair never gets mentioned but it's better than an over-pair, so my guess would be that this is also a playable hand on the flop, especially since there is a chance to get a full house on turn or river...

cheers and thanks for the help!

L
  • 2 replies
    • delete461
      delete461
      Bronze
      1. Sometimes you are in the big blind and nobody raises, so you get a freeplay. In this case you dont play draws.

2. Two pair is a made hand, start betting with it.

Good luck
    • kingdippy2008
      kingdippy2008
      Bronze
      Originally posted by delete461
      1. Sometimes you are in the big blind and nobody raises, so you get a freeplay. In this case you dont play draws.

2. Two pair is a made hand, start betting with it.

Good luck
      Hello lancelotdulac,

Welcome to PokerStrategy and the Forums!

What delete461 said is correct ;)

Best Regards and Good Luck!

-Jack