Hi all!

• apatho
      Hey everyone!

Since I've been lurking around on the forums for almost a month now, and now I even made it into the community news roundup with my huge 12$ win :f_cool: , I guess it would be proper to introduce myself.

I'm 23, I live in Slovakia, although in the past five years I've spent way more time in the Czech Republic (Brno), studying computer science. I'm finishing my studies this semester.

I've been meddling in poker for half a year maybe, had deposited a minimal amount to bwin back in june, which I subsequently lost at poker, while being on tilt from losing at backgammon :) After that I took a break from poker.

At the end of august I felt like playing again, but I decided that my play needed some structuring and solid strategy so I started browsing for articles and that's when I came across PokerStrategy. The fact that PS would give me 3 times as much starting capital as I lost at Bwin for free immediately caught my attention :)

I started playing SSS on FullTilt, now my BR is at ~120$, which is not that much since 30$ of that is bonus, but I'm still learning and also experimenting with different forms of poker to find the one that suits me best. Though only starting out, I think my game has already improved quite a lot from reading the articles, watching videos and browsing the forums.

In closing, I'm very happy to have found this site with it's wealth of information and great community. You've all been very inspiring and helpful, and I'm looking forward to being part of this community.

Happy fishing!
  • 1 reply
    • EagleStar88
      Hi apatho,

Congratulations once again on your excellent win, thats a real nice ROI you had there, I wish I could achieve similar :P

Thanks for introducing yourself too, it's nice to get to know the person behind the nickname and your now very much part of the community, welcome and good luck.

Wishing you continued success and enjoyment in your poker and look forward to seeing you in and around the forums in the future.

Good luck buddy,